CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT45

mondrian

5th November 2010, 15:04
Nimrod, thanks for your words of encouragement - I`ll have another go after reading all the comments.

Philip, judging by all the comments, I shouldn`t think you would even get into the dunces corner this week with all those in front of you and myself at the forefront!!

Bees and Oldgal, I agree it is very difficult this week, but I will persevere and maybe come back to the computer tomorrow.
71 of 96  -   Report This Post

butterfly

5th November 2010, 15:22
Thanks Caravaggio - all done now.
72 of 96  -   Report This Post

ann

5th November 2010, 16:38
Karen,thanks for your reply.The penny has now dropped!
73 of 96  -   Report This Post

karen

5th November 2010, 23:29
Hi Ann, happy to help.
74 of 96  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th November 2010, 15:20
Since yesterday`s post I have had another go at the crossword (thanks Nimrod for your encouragement). So I am now down to 6 empty spaces!!
8A Plan to put jewel beside beds
20A Mainly bandy sort of comedian
23A Coins to cover night in New York with remorse
3D Bad-tempered agent`s about to knock back drink
19D Rings get bored when loud

Also the one about the nobleman and the double century. Does the double century bit refer to something from cricket? If not, what then?

Any assistance much appreciated, but I may not see it until Monday.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Its been pouring here all day!
75 of 96  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th November 2010, 15:24
I have just looked in Quick Solve and got 8Across. It is so obvious when one knows the answer.
76 of 96  -   Report This Post

mandala

6th November 2010, 16:32
Try these:

20A Generally bang a dry eel mixed without a point

23A From ten pence I found contrition

3D Headless flower under way right perverse

19D Firstly take your right end slowly to make wheel coverings
77 of 96  -   Report This Post

bicarbonate of soda

6th November 2010, 17:59
robtherich wrote:

PS: Still no sign of John (from Arran)?

Just to say he's still here but, following an unwelcome incident regarding some unsolicited material received by snail mail, no longer using that name.
78 of 96  -   Report This Post

robtherich

6th November 2010, 19:34
Dear Bicarb - Jd'A's representative on earth, proving that rising again is poss. Immensely sorry to hear that transmogrification/substantiation/mutation proved necessary. A lesson here? Don't give away too much personal stuff as the weirdos (thinks: why do they wasp to this site?) will latch on to the littlest detail? The garden thing?

May I suggest that even if we suss the new identity (which'll be fun, in a cruciverbalist sort of way) of exJd'A we keep shtum?

There's a new actor for our Dr Who, then, but you'll still be our Dr Who.
79 of 96  -   Report This Post

old gal

6th November 2010, 21:35
Mondrian - you are about level with me in the intelligence stakes as I too am stuck on those clues. Sorry, Mandala, your further hints are still to obscure for my old brain. Will try quicksolve to see if that helps.
80 of 96  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT45