CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT45

torvic

5th November 2010, 09:29
butterfly, bicycles have two of 19d.
61 of 96  -   Report This Post

old galha

5th November 2010, 09:58
Hi everyone and glad to hear you are doing well Nimrod. Well - I must be the dumbest of the bunch this week as I am really struggling! Have picked up on a lot of the hints but will struggle on. Any help with 14d and 6d also 12a will aid my efforts! No answers !!! I started watching Harriet Walters when she played in a Peter Wimsey series back in the olden days! Must be a lot older than you all....
62 of 96  -   Report This Post

old gal

5th November 2010, 10:42
Sorry - this is Old Gal - added the ha when I was laughing at my efforts!!
63 of 96  -   Report This Post

karen

5th November 2010, 10:48
Hi old gal, 14d French for green+bear+e(for english)Think bones of the spine,phone ringing must go!
64 of 96  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

5th November 2010, 10:49
Good morning Old Gal,

Have just logged on and found a damsel in distress so, wearing your favour on the end of my lance, I'll come riding to your assistance.

6d. Reversed this is the past tense of 'to drink heavily' [and, for that reason, will start with 'de'] and the noun is usually associated with a drunk.

14d. The heraldic term for 'green' + anagram of 'bear' + E [for English].

12. The first word is a synonym for 'session' - think magistrates or school lunch break - and the second word [ignoring 'fairly'] is an adjective quite often associated with 'Polly'!

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
65 of 96  -   Report This Post

butterfly

5th November 2010, 10:51
Thanks torvic, I was on the right lines but was that with a 'd' or 's'. Still can't see what the 'loud' connection is though.
66 of 96  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

5th November 2010, 10:55
Good morning Butterfly,

I'm sure that Torvic won't mind my explaining that 'loud' is an indicator for 'sounds like' as, for example, is 'reported'.

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
67 of 96  -   Report This Post

terry

5th November 2010, 11:47
Caravaggio,

"Wearing your favour on the end of my lance". Would that be lipstick then.
68 of 96  -   Report This Post

old gal

5th November 2010, 12:09
Many thanks Caravaggio, you are my knight in shining armour. Thanks too Karen!
69 of 96  -   Report This Post

bees

5th November 2010, 13:53
Sorry Asperger, I missed post 50. The mist has cleared now! Thanks.
70 of 96  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT45