CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dodgepot

12th March 2024, 22:13
I am 100% sure you should use the simplest option, at the end of the period. It cannot be marked wrong. Don’t overthink it
51 of 59  -   Report This Post

cockie

12th March 2024, 22:24
I used the one current when the period started, but I'm sure either option will be acceptable - for if not, there would have been an instruction somewhere.
52 of 59  -   Report This Post

will37

12th March 2024, 23:34
I completed this puzzle on Friday evening & mailed it on Saturday. I don't see any alternative to the 5-letter suggestion which I took from the instructions. Am I underthinking this?
53 of 59  -   Report This Post

kitsune

13th March 2024, 06:27
i think on balance I will choose the simpler option. The instruction does seem to imply this. However I’m sure both would be judged correct.
54 of 59  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

13th March 2024, 12:57
The more complicated one was never the **** of the country as far as I can see, and also cannot be portrayed by adding 1,8,5. So unless I'm missing something, the simpler version is likely the only correct option.
55 of 59  -   Report This Post

taittinger

13th March 2024, 15:52
All solved but can't make the coordinates match the particular location of the subject, only a general area. Anyone else have this problem?
56 of 59  -   Report This Post

espebe

13th March 2024, 22:06
The coordinates should take you to the middle of a small but directly relevant land mass.
57 of 59  -   Report This Post

taittinger

13th March 2024, 22:53
Thanks espebe.

That made me go back and check. I had used the initial letters of the affected answers not the omitted ones. Result: stupidity!
58 of 59  -   Report This Post

gregwatsonuk

14th March 2024, 15:45
Not a hard clue solve this week, but I thought the coordinate-generating part of the end game was innovative. I agree with other comments that many (most?) end games are now only solvable with internet search, but frankly, I suspect that’s “priced in” by our setters. Knowing we can get help if we search intelligently lets their thematic imagination roam so much further. A happy knock on effect is that often I learn - or like this week, am reminded of - some great general knowledge.
59 of 59  -   Report This Post