CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

roof

2nd December 2023, 19:04
Hi Chris

I assumed it meant fodder, but I can't find a word that fits the letters I've got. I have L?C?R?E. Are my crossers correct?
51 of 66  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd December 2023, 19:05
Yes, roof. Better known under an alternative name.
52 of 66  -   Report This Post

roof

2nd December 2023, 19:18
Thanks Chris.

I'd never heard of it and neither has google, but my husband has.

My FOI was 25ac and my LOI was 20d

My COD was 15ac, but on the whole I didn't like this crossword. Lots of words I didn't know and clues I couldn't fully parse. I'm going off Paul.
53 of 66  -   Report This Post

rocky7

2nd December 2023, 19:24
Definitely not Paul's finest hour. I started this morning and made little progress. Revisited on the train back from the match and I've just finished. But hints on here were invaluable thanks.

I found some of the clues really clumsy and tough to fathom out. My COD would be 18d. Never heard of a 19, 22d but I'd love to give it a go.
54 of 66  -   Report This Post

minno

2nd December 2023, 23:04
Last one in? 5d. Took a while cos'o'corvids. Arghhh!

Find it hard to find fault with any particular setter on account of busker bias. When people react to that which is given away freely in public, the reaction says average about the work but specific about the donor.

55 of 66  -   Report This Post

minno

2nd December 2023, 23:05
The donor of the criticism, that is.
56 of 66  -   Report This Post

micky

3rd December 2023, 22:07
In the perhaps unlikely event that someone will actually read a post sent this late, can anyone gi e me a clue for 15a? Is it a anagram? I have a sort of possible answer if so, but I don't understand the clue. Since nobody else questioned this one I assume I'm missing something that should be obvious.
57 of 66  -   Report This Post

chrise

3rd December 2023, 22:18
A typically poor clue from Paul - my least favourite setter. It is an anagram of sorts - DREAMY, Ingredients initially, then X for "it's wrong" - terrible!
58 of 66  -   Report This Post

micky

4th December 2023, 12:55
Thanks, Chrise. I agree a poor clue. I don't think I ever would have thought of X for "it's wrong".
59 of 66  -   Report This Post

jimboreid

4th December 2023, 14:19
I'm a bit late to the show and have been helped hugely by this week's forum. Just one to get. 27ac. I'm stumped.
60 of 66  -   Report This Post