CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

buddy

2nd October 2023, 17:48
Last 2 clues now up:

Spirited women brought back 14 – Jen's chasing (6)

Slug turned to clumsily grope entertaining toy (6)
41 of 103  -   Report This Post

prospero

2nd October 2023, 18:00
Great! - original guesses were right. Thanks to claw for an entertaining, if tantalising (not through any fault of yours) solve - and for keeping us uo to speed on this forum. Also to jono - the interactive grid was a huge help - and would be greatly appreciated in future, especially as I have to blog next month's.
42 of 103  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd October 2023, 18:11
Prospero, no problem. In fact I wondered earlier if perhaps you might be blogging this one.
Hats off to those who completed the grid before the last clues were revealed!
Thanks to Claw (who I think is Dan, apologies if I have that wrong) for the challenge.
43 of 103  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd October 2023, 19:11
Thanks to Claw for a most enjoyable puzzle.

It's amazing how far off base I can sometime go trying to fill in the blanks when necessary information is missing, albeit inadvertently.

@5 - I'd convinced myself that the unclued was telling us the missing 6 clues would be members of a 10 (foreign? and the reason they didn't match my crossers was because they'd been 9fied.

It's a wonder it's safe for me to be allowed out!
44 of 103  -   Report This Post

sircrispin

2nd October 2023, 19:17
Group hug all round.

Thanks Jono for your grid. I didn't try it but I will next time round - does it work on a Mac?

Thanks to Buddy for being the first to spot the latecomers.

Thanks Claw - 'twas a cracker.
45 of 103  -   Report This Post

muraria

2nd October 2023, 19:30
Yes indeed, very enjoyable, the missing clues added to the fun I thought so thanks to Claw
46 of 103  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

2nd October 2023, 20:13
Not sure about “bash” and “animals” for the final two missing clues. I went with “southron beer” and “naval aircraft”; but I think it all amounts to the same.

Thank you, Claw. Sorry to see your excellent work mucked about.
47 of 103  -   Report This Post

mattrom

2nd October 2023, 20:47
Well, none of my guesses for the missing entries were correct - not even the Jewish comedian's routine :(
I enjoyed the journey, though, Claw. Thank you.
48 of 103  -   Report This Post

claw

2nd October 2023, 21:53
Thanks all for the positive comments. I was unaware of this forum until curiosity led me here this morning, and I’m glad I found it! Special thanks to Jono for the interactive grid, very neat!
49 of 103  -   Report This Post

quisling

2nd October 2023, 22:21
I too enjoyed it, claw. I filled the grid before seeing the six clues. I think the perimeter could be completed unambiguously, though of course most of the unclued words had alternatives.

I’m grateful for you coming on here and being honest about what happened. Far better than the “cannot confirm or deny” nonsense offered by Boatman, which just takes us all for fools. I won’t do any more of his puzzles
50 of 103  -   Report This Post