CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

darla

5th August 2023, 19:15
And yes to your question about 26,25. An internal body part.
41 of 55  -   Report This Post

rocky7

5th August 2023, 19:26
Even though I've been busy and not fully focused today, like roof I'm also not experiencing the walk in the park that others have. I'm giving it some full attention now but I think I'll be back.
42 of 55  -   Report This Post

anyotherbizniz

5th August 2023, 19:40
D'oh!

Had it all done except 22a, where I couldn't get past Bowie's Spiders. Obvious when you know, but I've been doing it on a plane to California, so I have only just had the chance to look at this forum.

Really enjoyed the answers as clues at 26a and 18a. Not seen that before. Lots if potential CODs, but I really like 7d. Quite witty and charming.
43 of 55  -   Report This Post

barryc

5th August 2023, 19:40
Flower! Very good. Thanks, Darla
44 of 55  -   Report This Post

dhope

5th August 2023, 19:43
Well as usual with Paul once you get a few it becomes much easier and enjoyable . A very clever puzzle from Paul , my FOI was 28,16, LOI was 2 , COD was the brilliant 14 with 13 and11 close seconds. Hope some of you are having better weather , at least the gardeners can’t moan about it being too dry and hot!!
45 of 55  -   Report This Post

roof

5th August 2023, 20:19
Many thanks to Micky for helping me parse 13d. Yes, I had got the right answer.

Rocky7 stick with it. It really does get easier. I fully expected to give up, but in the end got there with some help from the Forum. There isn't a theme to the linked clues, but there is a common and unusual feature to them.

We gardeners are not complaining about the lack of rain, but the low temperature isn't helping. We always have something to moan about, but I'm picking my aubergines from the greenhouse. Unfortunately, my cucumbers are all but finished, which is a shame, but the tomatoes are now ripening apace.
46 of 55  -   Report This Post

feebee

5th August 2023, 22:18
I’m stuck in the top left corner. Please could I have a clue to 1a and 1d. Thank you.
47 of 55  -   Report This Post

dhope

5th August 2023, 22:32
For 1a think of day after St Andrew’s day and a short alarm.
1d anagram plus two letter word
48 of 55  -   Report This Post

feebee

5th August 2023, 22:51
All done. Thank you. 😊
49 of 55  -   Report This Post

rocky7

6th August 2023, 06:25
Finally finished this about 11.30pm last night. The glass of Malbec seemed to get the brain cogs going and got me over the line. Very much a game of two halves. I found it a bit of a slog compared to others but definitely some clever clues to be admired.

Despite being a bit contrived I think 26, 25 would be my COD.

Thanks Paul for an interesting solve today.

50 of 55  -   Report This Post