CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mooncow

1st July 2023, 16:24
Haven't started this yet, but I notice it's a carte blanche, so just a reminder that some folks might find this handy: https://codepen.io/dcwarwick/full/wvdebxB
21 of 62  -   Report This Post

numbskull

1st July 2023, 17:20
Will do gitto, thanks
22 of 62  -   Report This Post

useby

1st July 2023, 21:56
I’m done, but the clues that begin ‘Scoundrel…’ and ‘Stiffly…’ have me confused as to their appearance in Down order. I may have to look at my solution again tomorrow with a clear head. Great puzzle. Tough.
23 of 62  -   Report This Post

bathmatters

1st July 2023, 22:47
Useby, me too about the position of those two answers. No matter how i try to break them up/reposition them, i get the Stilffy clue before the Scoundrel clue.

Will also need some parsing help after the weekend!
24 of 62  -   Report This Post

useby

1st July 2023, 22:52
Bathmatters, thank you! I’m glad I’m not alone.
25 of 62  -   Report This Post

will37

2nd July 2023, 00:16
I give up on this one. The finish line hasn't even appeared over the horizon for me. I just hope that there isn't some favoured player facing a dark teatime of the soul at SW19 when the next puzzle drops.
26 of 62  -   Report This Post

drxx

2nd July 2023, 00:35
useby (bathmatters) - had I realised you were still pondering the two 3 letter answers I'd have replied earlier.
All entries are within allotted spaces, a 3 letter answer in a 4 cell space would have a blank cell at the beginning or end of its given space (I think this was being hinted at earlier by bobbycollins and gitto).
27 of 62  -   Report This Post

drxx

2nd July 2023, 00:37
Sorry, bobbybunny (not bobbycollins).
28 of 62  -   Report This Post

drxx

2nd July 2023, 01:03
(Of course a blank space can also appear within the word, as well as at either end.)
29 of 62  -   Report This Post

gitto

2nd July 2023, 06:29
drxx/useby/bathmatters - those 2 answers did have me confused for a while, but my real problem is that I had entered 7d (if the clues were numbered) and its symmetrically placed counterpart normally - it was resolving the end game that enlightened me.
30 of 62  -   Report This Post