CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

30th June 2023, 09:22
The clues...

Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you allready have. Any special instructions or additional information should be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...

Help towards the theme may be sought here. The 'help' should be a nudge in the right direction, a word or two that might bring enlightenment - but not anything that would spoil the puzzle for others. Any queries or replies which, even inadvertently - reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.

NB This is being posted earlier than usual, and the same might happen over the next few weeks. It is now summer and there's barbecues and outings and Wimbledon, so I might not always be around at 4 pm on Fridays.
1 of 62  -   Report This Post

malone

30th June 2023, 16:25
Bumping this up to its more usual position....
2 of 62  -   Report This Post

panicea

30th June 2023, 21:32
In the Firefox browser this thread is displaying 'Most recent' first. On my other laptop it displays in order of posting. Is it possible to set the order?

3 of 62  -   Report This Post

malone

30th June 2023, 21:36
Panicea, you just go to the bracketed (edit) beside your name at the Welcome... That takes you to a page where you can change things - if i remember correctly, it's down the page a bit. Hope that's enough for you to get there!
4 of 62  -   Report This Post

jono

30th June 2023, 21:40
Panicea, yes. At the top of the page, where it says “Welcome, Panicea!” click “edit”. On the page it takes you to, scroll down to the bottom where it says “order forum posts by oldest first” and make the changes you wish. That should do it :-)
5 of 62  -   Report This Post

drxx

30th June 2023, 22:25
I found this quite a slog, but enjoyed putting it all together - now I'm trying to fathom out what it's all about.
6 of 62  -   Report This Post

drxx

30th June 2023, 22:33
Well, it's certainly a cause for celebration... (and what better way).
7 of 62  -   Report This Post

panicea

30th June 2023, 23:04
Thank you Malone and jono - all fixed now.
8 of 62  -   Report This Post

lm22

1st July 2023, 09:44
Cold solved most and will start filling as soon as I have 1Ac. Any hints?
9 of 62  -   Report This Post

drxx

1st July 2023, 09:59
Not the usual bird that's good at it (and not its usual spelling).
10 of 62  -   Report This Post