CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

micky

26th November 2022, 21:23
Ah, 16d is absolutely easy, now that I have stopped dwelling on what I thought was such an obvious word for "spell of work", and shifted to what I now see as an even more obvious one. To answer my own question, yes, I was just being stupid. No further forward with 2a & 10d, though.
51 of 65  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

26th November 2022, 21:27
For 2 don't overlook the obvious. I did at first. For 10, Greek mythology.
52 of 65  -   Report This Post

micky

26th November 2022, 21:29
10a ✅. Another easy one once I switched my brain into the right gear. It's funny , but just writing a post on this forum saying that I was stuck seems to have unstuck my brain on those two clues. 2d still to go...
53 of 65  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th November 2022, 21:29
Hi Micky,

2d - is just a 4 letter way of spelling the 2 letter acronym used for "deliver(ing) a final blow" - the 4 letter answer also means the same thing (Chambers)

10a - is a NATO alphabet letter that is also the name of a Nymph in Greek mythology.
54 of 65  -   Report This Post

micky

26th November 2022, 21:36
Thanks, Brendan. However, I actually got them both before seeing your post. As you will see if you check the messages, I actually got 10a, and posted about it virtually simultaneously with your post - the same time stamp on both. I also got 2d before seeing your post. I had actually thought of what turns out to be the right answer hours ago, but to me it's 2 letters, not 4. So, with 3 clues that I was stuck on for hours, within almost no time of posting here to say I was stuck, I got them all.
55 of 65  -   Report This Post

brendan

26th November 2022, 21:42
Thanks Micky:-)

It's amazing how often the process of posting the query on here has the effect of enabling the member to suddenly see the answer - I know it happens to me all the time:-)
56 of 65  -   Report This Post

a1philosopher

27th November 2022, 06:10
Shouldn't 25a (LOI) read J, P, G or R?
57 of 65  -   Report This Post

brendan

27th November 2022, 06:18
Hi A1 philosopher,

That's a good point, they are nearly always referred to in that specific order - I wonder if Brendan was just keeping us on our toes 🤪
58 of 65  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

27th November 2022, 06:42
I think it was just so it was written in alphabetical order.
59 of 65  -   Report This Post

jengu

27th November 2022, 09:24
A thousand thanks! I have been so frustrated, but all is now the right way round again. What gremlins alter these things willy-nilly?
I enjoyed the puzzle, needing only four of the forum's gentle nudges.
60 of 65  -   Report This Post