CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT30

caravaggio

22nd July 2010, 07:24
Well done, Karen, and I totaly agree with your observation that, if you complete the crossword coupon with your telephone number and email address, you would expect that someone would contact you to let you know that you'd won. Do I suspect that the Radio Times only want that information for marketing purposes?
31 of 65  -   Report This Post

karen

22nd July 2010, 10:02
Hi Caravaggio, Maybe thats it!I dont put my e-mail in,cant be bothered after squeezing my post code and telephone no in the small space provided!
32 of 65  -   Report This Post

crypto

22nd July 2010, 12:06
After reading this thread I said yesterday that I would make my first attempt at the RT crossword. Anyway I bought the RT this morning and I've completed the crossword so just to thank you for drawing my attention to it. I'm now no longer an RT crossword virgin.
33 of 65  -   Report This Post

karen

22nd July 2010, 12:14
Hi Crypto.Well done!
34 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

22nd July 2010, 12:17
That was quick, Crypto! You can now join us on a weekly basis in cursing the idiosyncrasies of the RT compliler...
35 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

22nd July 2010, 14:30
Have recently discovered this Forum and enjoy reading it. Am intrigued by Caravaggio`s name. Was it prompted by the light and shade of the crossword? Or are you an artist too? Thanks for past Crossword help
36 of 65  -   Report This Post

jimc

22nd July 2010, 14:55
Hi Mondrian.

Welcome.

Sorry to intrude on this thread but I'm not sure about the old Master of light and dark.
He seems to have had a big eyebrow thing going on ....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Bild-Ottavio_Leoni%2C_Caravaggio.jpg/220px-Bild-Ottavio_Leoni%2C_Caravaggio.jpg " alt="Caravaggio" />

JimC

37 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

22nd July 2010, 15:26
Thank you for that, Jim. You don't seem to make the same number of contributions that you used to in the past but it's good to see our paths crossing again. Mondrian is very close to the truth. I recommend googling chiaoscuro and, funnily enough, it was Jim who showed me how to emphasise the word in the manner that I have.
38 of 65  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

22nd July 2010, 19:55
Hi everybody
I have cracked No 30, EXCEPT for 7 across.
I have "?h?r?" but there are abour 50 words that fit this, none with help from the clue,"complicated after second piece."
39 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

22nd July 2010, 20:08
Think of a piece of broken glass!
40 of 65  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT30