CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

manic mary

3rd October 2018, 14:05
I am going to seem really foolish now..................again! Saw the poison in the list, the only one ending correctly but misread it as QUA and that didn't go anywhere, probably need new specs. As to 21d, less said the better. Now am just stuck in the SW corner and with 14a, all I have is re?oneo, can't be an old fashioned copier ....can it?
Thanks for the help.
41 of 73  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd October 2018, 14:08
14 A is another of the odd-looking and/or new words. Your missing letter is 'j'. The answer is an 'art' - well, one way of describing it!
42 of 73  -   Report This Post

jigjag

3rd October 2018, 16:00
malone

Nothing to do with this puzzle- I saw your comment a couple of days ago re Homer and your thought of Simpson. When I did the crossword, I though the reference to Homer might be a pigeon one - after all, they do nod when walking!
43 of 73  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd October 2018, 16:13
Hi, jigjag. It's funny where our minds take us at times, isn't it - in life and in crosswords?!
44 of 73  -   Report This Post

manic mary

3rd October 2018, 17:08
Thank you again Malone, just where do you get to find all these obscure words (or are you just a genius?) I'd never even heard of 14a, not that I am an follower of that particular 'art'. Afraid the 15th post means nothing other than pertaining to 5a.
45 of 73  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd October 2018, 17:14
Thanks, MM. I'd seen 14 Across only once before. I forgot to look back before typing this, but doesn't post 15 give you one of the words which give the 'cryptic indication' of the highlighting? If you've got the theme, you'll know what other letters are needed - and as I mentioned earlier, you don't need to hunt much!
46 of 73  -   Report This Post

manic mary

4th October 2018, 12:17
Sorry Malone, still being stupid, just do not see what 'cyclist' has to do with anything. I think I will just gnash my teeth and go to the Griddler.

Many thanks
47 of 73  -   Report This Post

kirky

4th October 2018, 12:30
anagram the top 2 words in your grid MM
48 of 73  -   Report This Post

malone

4th October 2018, 13:27
Kirky, thanks for that.

MM, with the earlier hints and the repeat of the 'cyclist', I thought you'd spot that that you had seven of the letters needed for the words to be highlighted.

Glad you've now got this finished - I bet you are too!
49 of 73  -   Report This Post

jigjag

4th October 2018, 17:22
I had abandoned this EV, but after reading the interesting postings I have taken it up again.

I am almost there. I have got the theme but not what the 11 extra letters spell - though this is not important.

I have G* T* THE B*LL which must be Go to the Ball - very appropriate but is it a prize?

I have never seen it, but have heard of some of the thematic surnames. The family tell me that one of them is double-barrelled, which must be 12D, but I cant find the other part of the name.

I am also told that the missing one is Shirley something ( beginning with B) I dont want to look at Google yet, but as it is 6 letters it is probably Bassey. The letters are spread out in the grid though which seems unusual.

50 of 73  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1350