CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

2nd November 2017, 10:12
Hi gazzar, in 12d lumber (4th definition in Chambers) is prison.
One of the earlier posts points out the symmetry of the letter-pairing positions in the grid.
Hope this helps.
41 of 54  -   Report This Post

gazzar

2nd November 2017, 15:11
You're welcome samovar. Thanks for your help ginge.
42 of 54  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

2nd November 2017, 23:19
No question or answer here. I just wanted to thank Ifor for a lovely puzzle. I think setters sometimes look in on forums, don't they?

Also thanks to the people who gave hints which got me started.

43 of 54  -   Report This Post

gazzar

3rd November 2017, 07:40
I echo cloverjo in praising Ifor. The final instruction to modify the grid revealed by the set of 3 numbers being applied to the clues leads to a very satisfying conclusion. A brilliantly constructed puzzle. Bravo!
44 of 54  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

4th November 2017, 10:39
Because of various commitments I am well behind with this. The only answer I need is 28 down - Anglo-Saxon council retiring with time as precedent for anything big ( 4 ). I currently have ?ean but suspect that the "e" may be wrong. Any pointers would be appreciated.
45 of 54  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

4th November 2017, 10:45
Hi always

Your e is wrong.

The answer is an amended entry.

It is Titan (witan is the council with the T being substituted for a T)

You then have to enter 2 letters into 1 cell.
46 of 54  -   Report This Post

ginge

4th November 2017, 10:47
Hi alwayspuzzled, as you suspect the "e" is wrongoing and should be a letter-pair.
47 of 54  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

4th November 2017, 11:13
Thank you for that Djawhufc and Ginge. Your help is much appreciated.
48 of 54  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

4th November 2017, 14:08
No doubt I am being my usual thick self but even with the name written under the grid and a picture in front of me I can't decide where the "pattern" goes to complete the end game. I would never have made a mathematician.
49 of 54  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

4th November 2017, 14:18
Just copy the drawing from the stone drawing lines through the blank squares where the double entry cells were.
50 of 54  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1302