CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sunray

23rd October 2017, 03:51
Yes. I abandoned Snee/Span after trying it for a while.
Normal clue order means in the order of 1 thru 42?

But if we had the 10 letters we can angram them to find out the answer.

It could have been Waffle Cone but for two As.

I wonder if there is a term called worm's worm?

21 of 47  -   Report This Post

stephen53

23rd October 2017, 04:58
I think "cool" in the 7th down clue is misprinted from "tool" not "fool" which would contribute a "t" rather than an "f" to the ten-letter word which I believe relates to a species thought to be extinct but which turned out not to be .

I still have no idea how anything fits into the grid.
22 of 47  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

23rd October 2017, 06:11
I was surprised to see so many posts when I looked just now but that is good. I went away and had a good look at it yesterday evening and now have a full grid apart from the six unclued answers and I also need to put the clues/correct letters in order. I have both the top and bottom rows empty which makes room for four of the unclued answers. Down I have the second one in the first column and first one in the last column empty. The 7 letter word beginning with W is the first word in row two and the 7 letter one beginning with P is the last entry in the next to bottom row. Span goes below that.
23 of 47  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

23rd October 2017, 06:15
Fool that I am I have just realised that the corrected letters in their correct/entry order give the name of a fish which was thought to be extinct.
24 of 47  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

23rd October 2017, 07:57
Before I actually do some work for the day...a nasty shock to the system...I now need just the two unclued answers across the bottom row. The 4 letter one begins with K but there are too many possibilities for the words leading into the 9 letter one to explore for the moment. Any pointers on that such as the unchecked letters would be appreciated.
25 of 47  -   Report This Post

kirky

23rd October 2017, 09:00
sunray and marca were busy in the early hours! well done!

H comes from a drink that's H ot

i still need :
pay victor wearing costume
S(C)ent force facing day in France with no leader
Plant bodies completely covered by most of thisB(E)nd girl returned to Iowa
One set on climbing over site perhaps
the drink dried up second half first
Sail right of dish
Exhausted women about to follow on....weak /worn?
26 of 47  -   Report This Post

kirky

23rd October 2017, 09:02
..that should read Bon(E) girl returned to Iowa which must be tibia (not heard of bit as girl synonym)
27 of 47  -   Report This Post

kirky

23rd October 2017, 09:12
scent one must be ODOUR
28 of 47  -   Report This Post

kirky

23rd October 2017, 09:16
and i have the plant bodies one now too.
29 of 47  -   Report This Post

kirky

23rd October 2017, 09:26
Got all my missing ones now, easily seen as grid filled up! Now to hunt out those 6!
30 of 47  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1301