CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

meursault

22nd October 2017, 18:55
Saoralbs, I think it's TORE reversed, for ran, then TO : 'in one direction'.
51 of 77  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd October 2017, 19:07
Thank you, Meursault. I think I may have got one wrong in that I have Awning for One needing oxygen etc. Should I think again ?
52 of 77  -   Report This Post

meursault

22nd October 2017, 19:17
Hi Samovar, you're welcome.
Yes, you do need to think again. Because you're second answer, as it stands, prevents you getting the 3rd answer (on alphabetic grounds), which is one of the crucial answers of the puzzle, being one of the 2 thematic locations.

So, for the 2nd clue think in terms of different types of exercise (demanding an oxygen debt or not), or different types of microbes. The last 4 letters are loosely defined as a 'cover' but more accurately, an item of clothing...
53 of 77  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd October 2017, 19:41
Thank you, Meursault. I had the answer to the third clue as 3 letters, so please correct me if I'm wrong on that one too !
54 of 77  -   Report This Post

meursault

22nd October 2017, 19:47
The 4th answer is 3 letters, 'no matter which', with DE extra. The 3rd answer is 7 letters, a large European port not far from UK shores...
55 of 77  -   Report This Post

orson

22nd October 2017, 19:49
Many thanks, meursault and xij (hope I haven't missed anyone else). I shall give it another go!
56 of 77  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd October 2017, 19:50
Gosh, Meursault, your explanation makes it seem so easy ! Thank you.
And I guess I'd better revise my answer for the 3rd.
57 of 77  -   Report This Post

dylan

22nd October 2017, 21:31
I have a full grid, the two messages , locations etc. However, I don't understand the second instruction, with regard to removing the ambiguity. I can see the ambiguity- in that two answers could each go in two sections - but don't see how the instruction helps.
58 of 77  -   Report This Post

xij

22nd October 2017, 22:07
Yes, thanks meursault. I’d already googled it but came up with nothing. So tonight I googled it again, and voila, it came up. It seems my internet only works at night.
59 of 77  -   Report This Post

pkd

22nd October 2017, 22:36
Hi Dylan,

The entry numbers match with the activities and when they took place. This removes the ambiguity
60 of 77  -   Report This Post