CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

orson

22nd October 2017, 18:14
Samovar, I thought of NAPKIN for Jock's handkerchief, but I cannot fully parse it.

I have three of the 7-letter ones: BOBBING, BLEWITS & IGNORED but they don't seem to fit together on the grid, even though they seem right.

Finally, can anyone help with Nurses catch delinquent doctor...?

Thanks.
41 of 77  -   Report This Post

xij

22nd October 2017, 18:27
Hi Orson. Anagram of nurses catch dr, with SR removed. Def is without a single score.
Can anyone explain how RR are the letters for 13th clue Deduce?
I have a full grid but can’t see what to do next. I can see a first name reading backwards in one row, but the rest is nonsense.
42 of 77  -   Report This Post

xij

22nd October 2017, 18:34
Hi samovar. Eye condition is iritis, vacant manner is mr. SR are the removed letters.
Put, or poke, in nain, Scot word for own. OE are removed.
43 of 77  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd October 2017, 18:35
Thanks you, Orson. Napkin sounds awfully good with the "kin" part. let me know if you have a brainwave for the "nap"! I also have Bobbing, Blewits and Ignored and don't know where to put them. Could you help me with the missing letters of Bobbing ?
44 of 77  -   Report This Post

xij

22nd October 2017, 18:38
Also, need superficially is ND. So, an anagram of mortal nd, with two letters removed. Def is ordinary.
45 of 77  -   Report This Post

meursault

22nd October 2017, 18:46
In sequence,

Yes, Samovar, any format of question and answer is okay on this forum, some questions go unanswered longer than others, but that's understood.

Orson, Unfortunately you picked 3 7-letter answers which don't intersect. The intersecting ones intersect on W and O. The other one doesn't get entered into a 7-letter entry.

Xij, RR is due to arr (for 'arranged by') substituting 'vowel' (ie O) of 'word'.

Napkin is formed for NAIN around PK. Since AR are the extra letters, I assume that put = park.
46 of 77  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd October 2017, 18:48
Oh thanks, XIJ, that's brilliant !
47 of 77  -   Report This Post

xij

22nd October 2017, 18:50
Sorry samovar, last post was wrong. It’s what I first wrote down for napkin, with OE, but that’s not correct. It’s park, not poke.
48 of 77  -   Report This Post

meursault

22nd October 2017, 18:50
And finally, Xij. look at row two, check it out online.
49 of 77  -   Report This Post

saoralba

22nd October 2017, 18:51
I seem to be the only one who can't parse OTTO, despite have RE as the extra letters. Not essential, but it would give my brain a chance to get on with more important things.
50 of 77  -   Report This Post