CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

meursault

29th August 2017, 17:39
Xij, the wordplay in 37 also escaped me. But I was fairly happy that the entry was NILLS : it satisfies the definition and there are no unchecked cells. I don't have the most recent Chambers, so perhaps there is something there...

Just to confirm, the clash cells are at the intersections of 1D/20, 24A/D, 24A/25, 27/24D, 37/23, 45/25.
61 of 65  -   Report This Post

xij

29th August 2017, 19:20
Thanks for the help. I finally understood nills when I looked in Bradfords. That one held me up for quite a while as I had nicks instead.
A very nice puzzle, some easy, some wicked clues, and I agree that the abbreviation clue was a bit unfair, but easier to get once the misprint was found.
Thanks to Yorick for a real workout on a very hot day.
62 of 65  -   Report This Post

charlesberg

2nd September 2017, 08:07
Rather late to the party this week but an enjoyable puzzle. I have managed to get most of the grid filled and all the shapes in place. Am just having a bit of trouble locating the incorrect "b". Could anyone please confirm which clues are the ones with incorrect letters in the grid? Much appreciated.
63 of 65  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

3rd September 2017, 16:16
The incorrect b is in 4d I think - obis.

I thought this was excellent. Took me all week as usual, endgame took me half an hour, surprised at the difficulty some seemed to have with the positioning of the rhombus.

Few of the clues a bit clumsy, but very clever grid construction, and no Honduran hamlets. Excellent.
64 of 65  -   Report This Post

charlesberg

4th September 2017, 11:33
Thank you very much. I got there in the end but that has helped confirm. I had mistakenly identified an H where there was no missing letter at all and had assumed the letters were on order. A case of overcomplicating for myself I feel. Still not 100% on one or two but they fit with other solutions and most importantly the shapes.
65 of 65  -   Report This Post