CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

meursault

28th August 2017, 09:13
Thanks to Durban, whose comment I somehow missed earlier, and to others who've commented since. Yes, I was assuming that the preamble, "All items are formed of straight lines joining cell centres" meant that a line would exit one cell from the centre and enter a neighbouring cell to the centre, etc., the method I used for outlining the other shapes.
51 of 65  -   Report This Post

rainbeaux

28th August 2017, 10:33
Bank Holiday greetings to all. Came on at request of Mr Rainbeaux, who thanks you for the nudges about positioning the final object. He'd also assumed cell centres all round and we were getting a little heated working out the trigonometry. He would also appreciate tips on parsing of 37a and 23d - he has correct answers according to definitions and necessary clashing cell, but can't fully parse them.
Sorry Meursalt, we take your point - unfortunately we rarely have anything to contribute.
52 of 65  -   Report This Post

unclued

28th August 2017, 10:45
37 pen - nills
23 gram - (so)matic
53 of 65  -   Report This Post

rainbeaux

28th August 2017, 15:16
Thanks, unclued, all squared away now.
54 of 65  -   Report This Post

xij

28th August 2017, 22:50
Started this today so am behind all of you on here.
I seem to have finished, but I have 8 clashes and only 4 shapes. Can't see the Q one, although it's obvious where it starts. Can someone tell me if 8 is correct, and how many letters in the Q. I have 4 words that have 2 clashes and 6 that have one.
55 of 65  -   Report This Post

xij

28th August 2017, 22:59
Ah, just found the Q and got the rhombus in. Just a bit puzzled by someone saying that 6 clashes was correct.
56 of 65  -   Report This Post

wintonian

28th August 2017, 23:06
Hi xij,

There are six clashes in all. Six answers contain a single blank cell and three answers contain two blank cells. You need two blank cells for the S item and one blank cell for each of the other four items.

The Q item consists of 13 cells containing the letters making up the name of the item and one blank cell.
57 of 65  -   Report This Post

xij

29th August 2017, 08:43
Thanks Wintonian. That information made me check every answer. I found that I had bedroom for 45, which made sense at the time, and 2 as a clash answer, getting the U's mixed up, but have now seen the error. I now have 6 empty cells.
Still don't see the wordplay for 1a or 37, but apart from that, a very fair puzzle.
58 of 65  -   Report This Post

unclued

29th August 2017, 09:23
1ac is BUFO with an extra F.
59 of 65  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

29th August 2017, 17:33
37 is pennills (Welsh form of verse) minus 'pen'.
60 of 65  -   Report This Post