CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gitto

26th August 2017, 11:39
I have a full grid, 6 clashes (which is worrying), a sensible instruction, a further item that seems perfectly reasonable, and not a clue what to do! I really would appreciate confirmation that 6 clashes is correct.
1 of 65  -   Report This Post

reynard

26th August 2017, 14:05
6 clashes / empty cells is correct.
2 of 65  -   Report This Post

meursault

26th August 2017, 15:12
Gitto, I have to go out now, but I have a full grid (though still to explain a couple of entries). The further item looks to be Rhombus, so I imagine that you need to identify this and other shapes and draw them through their names and the blanks...
3 of 65  -   Report This Post

tandethsquire

26th August 2017, 15:26
Yes, that's the further item. The other items all share a (countable) property with that one. Pay particular heed to the fifth word of the instruction you've found - it's not just the blank squares that determine the location of the items.

I just need to figure out where to put the rhombus!
4 of 65  -   Report This Post

gitto

26th August 2017, 15:28
Yes, just finished it - thanks to a brainwave whilst driving home through heavy traffic. Some very devilish clues, and my last entry that gave me 2 clashes is brilliant, if not slightly tenuous!
5 of 65  -   Report This Post

dryden

26th August 2017, 23:52
Puzzled by 44a. It appears to have a misprinted definition (yielding H) and a wrong letter in the wordplay. MISTY with entry as MISTS, but that contradicts the preamble.
Only four clashes so far. I assume the other two are in 24a and 33d, which appear as non-words in my grid, though I can't see what they are supposed to be.
6 of 65  -   Report This Post

smartie

27th August 2017, 00:46
Dryden - I can't see your puzzlement. Miss = schoolgirl around T (tons) gives "becomes hazy" = mists.
7 of 65  -   Report This Post

krauton

27th August 2017, 03:16
33d down
page one may be jargon. changing atmospheric treatment's start to literally opposite extreme.

answer zircon. aircon with a replaced by z.
page should be pale, jargon is a type of zircon apparently.

24 across this is a guess
m4, perhaps, which if moving east to west would turn into attention test.
answer artery, ear try

clashes in first and last letters
8 of 65  -   Report This Post

krauton

27th August 2017, 03:27
32 across
you may have had the answer aguise instead of aguize.
9 of 65  -   Report This Post

planks

27th August 2017, 09:38
Good morning, I have a full grid and four of the five items - I'm struggling with the 'T' item - which I assume begins or ends at the start of 25dn? Any hint would be appreciated. The other items have been spelled out by the lines but try as I might I cannot find the obvious T one - or any other for that matter. Thanks.
10 of 65  -   Report This Post