CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pendragon

15th June 2017, 12:43
This thread appears to have been left to rot, so presumably most folk have completed it. This has certainly been the hardest Genius I have tried (I have done one in under two hours), and, like another contributor, when I have finished it, I am not going to try and match up the definitions, but just get rid of it by sending it in as quickly as possible.

I hope I’m not giving too much away (especially, as the following letters are possibly/probably not right), but I have two queries (and, if I’m wrong, then I have more!).

Firstly, for 4D (defined by the first two words of 5D), I have ?A?D / ?R?A. Is this right, and, if so, any hints please (or are my first A and R wrong)?

And secondly, what fits 19D? I have A?A? / T?A. Anal tea sounds rather unpleasant.

Thanks.
51 of 59  -   Report This Post

ixion

15th June 2017, 14:10
Pendragon....

Letters in place for 4D are correct....type two clue....defined by the solution of 5D.

19D....your answer for 25A is incorrect, 19D is a type four clue.
52 of 59  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

15th June 2017, 15:19
4dn is a description of the measurement
The other is a large body of water

This was hard and I did eventually marry them all up and discovered I had one wrong.
53 of 59  -   Report This Post

pendragon

15th June 2017, 15:47
Thanks Ixion and Teenieleek. I was looking for the wrong definition in 5D, and now have 4D

I shall have to look afresh at 25A and 19D.
54 of 59  -   Report This Post

pendragon

15th June 2017, 16:30
Yep, 25A and 19D sorted (although 18A has two possible endings), And that upsets my 25D. Still, only one to do now.
55 of 59  -   Report This Post

pendragon

15th June 2017, 16:32
Finished it now (I think!).

Thanks.
56 of 59  -   Report This Post

kiwisolver

1st July 2017, 15:34
Struggled nearly to end of Genius 168. Definitely the most difficult in a long time.
One last solution that I need help with (I will also post on Answerbank)

6 DOWN
Two things that Alan Rusbridger was, one of which Katherine Viner isn't (4)
I have _E_D

Urgent help would be much appreciated
57 of 59  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

1st July 2017, 16:15
Both were editors but Katherine is not male.
58 of 59  -   Report This Post

kiwisolver

1st July 2017, 16:20
Thanks - I got that, so is the solution a synonym for 'listen', 'pay attention', after removing a single letter from the
_HE _D
59 of 59  -   Report This Post