CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

5th February 2017, 15:27
Thanks both of you - I'll get to work on that!
41 of 60  -   Report This Post

meursault

5th February 2017, 15:28
Smartie, you may be right, but my interpretation of that last part of the preamble is that 49a remains a real word provided you imagine the 4th cell without the point, ie the dot of the exclamation mark. In which case 49a is still tepid. But for the purposes of the highlighted warning, and I suspect for the submitted entry, the full exclamation mark must be there...
42 of 60  -   Report This Post

gitto

5th February 2017, 17:15
Thanks to every one, finally got there. Obviously the reference to the point in one cell is meursaults' point under the !. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time looking for clashes that were not there!
43 of 60  -   Report This Post

throck

5th February 2017, 17:28
Thanks, Mersault, your reply to my last makes it perfectly clear.
44 of 60  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

5th February 2017, 19:33
I'm also concerned about Bohe being left and I'm not getting the point of the across letters making dark brown - seems a bit of a tenuous link. I suppose it's the tone of the work area. Is there another "mess" apart from the clashes and the 43 thing that I am missing? Or are we assuming that was the mess he made by not knowing the situation? Is the inference that he "messed the letters" whilst trying to do his job? Hmmmmm
45 of 60  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

5th February 2017, 19:35
Ignore me and my bohe!
46 of 60  -   Report This Post

riversk

5th February 2017, 23:15
Is the final entry for 8 a real word or name? I also don't get the wordplay for 38.
47 of 60  -   Report This Post

meursault

6th February 2017, 06:49
Riversk, the final entry for 8 is a town on the N7 between Dublin and Limerick. You'll kick yourself about 38 : it's n for knight, clothed by hut (shed); the i dropped from chaise.
48 of 60  -   Report This Post

biggus56

6th February 2017, 10:54
Seeing the bolume of correspondence here, I'm just going to write in some random letters and say, 'Well, that's hipow I interpreted it.'
49 of 60  -   Report This Post

orson

6th February 2017, 13:41
I've filled the grid and got 7 clashes (none in the top and bottom row).

For the instruction that is spelt by the dropped letters, I agree with post number 10. The first four words make sense but not the last three. I have "down" followed by the same as the 3rd and 4th words.

Is the perpetrator someone simply doing his job?

Finally, I cannot find this 19-letter warning, which I assume ends at the cell in the bottom row next to the bottom right corner.
50 of 60  -   Report This Post