CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smartie

13th October 2016, 13:13
Late to the party this week. Stuck on bottom right corner. A nudge with - Where donkey derby (?et?) and Poor relation (??re) - would be most gratefully received!
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

crates

13th October 2016, 13:45
def: poor - Relation & most excellent are abbreviations
def; Where donkey derby might be seen - 4 letter word for gathering (think german drinking) & abbreviation for energy.
Obviusly a letter removed from both word plays
42 of 47  -   Report This Post

smartie

13th October 2016, 14:07
Many thanks Crates. All now understood. For some strange reason I had discounted both answers but now I see the error of my ways!
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

thepost

14th October 2016, 11:07
Good Morning everyone!

I'm a bit late to this (a Greek island got in the way). I think I understand what is going on but cannot really do anything about filling in the grid with some key answers missing.

Any hints (or even answers!) for the following would be useful and greatly appreciated:
Tacitus regularly..........
God present in sound.........
Hesitancy built up.......
Will's hush.......
Celebrated editor.......

I think I must have the final clue wrong (Poor relation.....) because I have an extra "n" instead of an "l". I thought the answer was ME(N)AN but obviously not.

Are there 20 across and 20 down clues.

All assistance greatly appreciated.
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

trackerpup

14th October 2016, 11:59
Aureus and abulia for first across and down, mere for last clue. Sorry don't have my copy any more, someone else may help with others
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

crates

14th October 2016, 13:18
Hi
Equal across and down answers. Poor relation... is 4 letter synonym for poor- abbreviations of most excellent & relation with final L discarded. 4 letter word for old prayer - abbreviation for god (D) inside a signalling sound a car horn would make with final P discarded. Will's (Shakespeare) 4 letter word for hush - leading letters of lat 5 words of clue with T discarded. 4 letter synonym for resign - abbreviations for celebrated and editor (turned) with L discarded.

46 of 47  -   Report This Post

thepost

15th October 2016, 13:10
Trackerpup & Crates

Thank you for your help. Now the fun bit begins!
47 of 47  -   Report This Post