CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lady bee

4th October 2016, 16:04
What utter rubbish. When I get a new Rainbow Quiz, it takes over my life for two/three/four weeks and I get most of it done but there are usually one or two answers that elude me and it becomes very frustrating and, yes you can send the answers in with some blanks and then have to wait until mid-December in this case to find the answers by which time you couldn't care less. When you've been giving the quiz 100%, all you're asking for is a hint so that you can finally get that elusive answer. I'm not the slightest bit interested in winning what, £50.
71 of 367  -   Report This Post

betty

4th October 2016, 16:06
well said, Lady Bee
72 of 367  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th October 2016, 16:13
//All you are asking for is a hint//

Well that may be what is asked for but to take the latest 'hint' from Palman - if that wasn't an answer on a plate I don't know what is.

I quiz 365 days per year (some days more than others) - yes the waiting to see what your score is seems long sometimes but I have never reached the 'Couldn't care less stage'.
73 of 367  -   Report This Post

malone

4th October 2016, 16:22
Ladyee, it would be lovely if there were more people like you who wanted help with only 'one or two' answers - but I'm sure you've seen the previous threads where people wanted help with 10, 15 and even 20 of the questions! I don't think those people have given 100%.

I'm sure you realise too that if every Rainbow Quiz poster gets help with even just three or four clues, very soon almost all the answers will have been given - often when the closing date is still weeks and weeks away. I feel quite strongly about this whole subject as the Rainbow Quiz is compiled by volunteers - they've probably spent longer on the setting than some solvers here spend on getting the solutions!

74 of 367  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th October 2016, 16:28
I think people like Neville and Marian do a brilliant job.

Quiz setting is not easy and then there's all the admin etc.

Great to know they are appreciated.

https://www.pointsoflight.gov.uk/cryptic-charity-quizzers/
75 of 367  -   Report This Post

elle

4th October 2016, 16:36
I have read on the Rainbow Quiz site that they ask competitors to send in their incomplete list of answers ....surely this in itself is an indication that they expect to judge you on your own personal efforts?
I may have assessed this wrongly but that is how it comes across to me.
76 of 367  -   Report This Post

eirlys

4th October 2016, 17:58
I do not try quizzes now, but in 2012, I attempted to answer all 100 questions on one particular quiz without help on the internet. I was stumped on the last question and resorted to google. I was astounded and disappointed to find that someone had asked 18 of the questions on another site (not specifically for crosswords or quizzes) and was given all answers within seconds. I was hoping he/she did not win
77 of 367  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th October 2016, 18:21
Yesterday I commented elsewhere when someone ask 30 questions (they implied it was the whole quiz) that didn't close like this one until late November.

When I commented they demanded I apologise.

Needless to say I didn't.

I did point out if they had advertised the quiz they could have sold a hundred or so more to raise money for the cause.

78 of 367  -   Report This Post

monty

4th October 2016, 22:06
100% agreement with Mamya.

I would like the moderators to delete ALL questions from this wonderful quiz until 2 weeks before the closing date, i.e. 15th November!
79 of 367  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th October 2016, 22:12
It won't happen, with this or any other of the great quizzes out there, on this or any other site.

All that is ever pointed out that.......

a) It's a Q&A site.

b) Don't look.

Sad but true.
80 of 367  -   Report This Post