CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lady bee

23rd March 2016, 22:21
I don't understand your P.S. Why feel sorry for those who have solved all 100 clues on their own - it doesn't take away from their personal satisfaction if other people ask for some help.
61 of 206  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd March 2016, 22:29
i presume, by your omission Lady Bee, that you do feel sorry for the setters?
62 of 206  -   Report This Post

malone

23rd March 2016, 22:34
I would rather have the prize/prizes won by someone who got 90 answers correct unassisted than by anyone who has asked for help! 'Personal satisfaction' is fine in itself - as are fairness, principles, respect for the time and effort involved on the setter's part... I'm also slightly baffled by the mad rush for hints as there's so much time left. Still, I accept that not everyone lives (and puzzle-solves) by the same code!
63 of 206  -   Report This Post

lady bee

23rd March 2016, 22:41
I can't believe that a simple quiz is causing you so much angst. Get a life!!
64 of 206  -   Report This Post

newquizzer

23rd March 2016, 22:46
Same argument every time with this puzzle. funny thing I always find is that these complainers come on to a solver forum (maybe secretly looking for answers). Anyway good luck to all as its for charity so just keep that it mind.

Plus if you do need hints let me know.
65 of 206  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd March 2016, 23:35
Does Malone really sound even remotely angst ridden to you Lady Bee? it's the mark of a person with no reasoned response to just mock - and then you become smug and offensive to boot.
as for newquizzer, OF COURSE it's the same argument every time with this puzzle, if that makes it an invalid argument then i'll just keep jumping those queues at the post office.

66 of 206  -   Report This Post

marmalade

23rd March 2016, 23:37
Felicity, I know you are doing your best to help me on 55, but from the word SHE I am supposed to find a character in a novel? I am sure I am not understanding something and it is my problem not yours, but please give me a bit more!
67 of 206  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd March 2016, 23:49
I'd advise keeping a lookout later in the year for the Hammond Property Services quiz , it's a download and has all the answers attached.
68 of 206  -   Report This Post

newquizzer

24th March 2016, 00:23
She is the name of the book. Ayesha is the character.

Just find it a funny thing to worry about giving clues to a charity puzzle.
69 of 206  -   Report This Post

suj53

24th March 2016, 09:12
Can any body give a hint for 49,50 and 67. Thanks
70 of 206  -   Report This Post