CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

haeremai18

9th October 2015, 15:39
Twinsnan. No. 91 is an anagram of Welsh and E which gives a word for something hung up to keep animals away. Hope this helps as it took me forever to solve it.
121 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

9th October 2015, 15:58
Thank you Haeremai, exactly what l have been trying as anagrams so must do better with Googling it. My IPad is playing up, think l need to replace it, could quite happily throw it out of the window at the moment!
122 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

9th October 2015, 16:12
At last!!!! Thank you Haeramae, got 91, tried all anagrams so many times. ....Welsh should be lucky l am still supporting them tomorrow! Have not seen any clues for 69 and 84, any hints please? Still working on others via clues from yesterday.
123 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

9th October 2015, 18:50
Twinsnan, enjoy the Welsh match. I am supporting Scotland!!! Think I gave a clue for 69 but here it is again. Name of a town/village in Somerset or a fishing fly.
No. 84 - old name for Wagon followed by a word for olden day tax = an area of wooden panelling on lower part of walls of a room. Hope that helps.
124 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

9th October 2015, 20:30
Hi twinsnan, nocando and haeremai18, I have just come on to the forum to have a look in and after reading the last 10 of more replies I am utterly confused as to who wants help with what clues ! I am willing to help if you could list them and I will do my best - before you all lose the 'will to live'!!!! Joking of course.
125 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

9th October 2015, 20:42
Hi Winnie. I was trying to help Twinsnan and Nocando which I think I have done for some questions! The one I am not 100% sure about for myself is 75. Wife pitches into drinking bouts .... (8). I have a word beginning with W and ending in G. Both halves of the word rhyme. Am I on the right track, if not I would be grateful for a clue please?
126 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

9th October 2015, 20:58
Hi haeremai18. Sounds as if you have it. W (wife) preceding a word for 'pitches in' as in assaults.
127 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

9th October 2015, 21:00
75 l have an old fashioned word for drinking, heard in Christmas carols. Thanks to Haeraemai l just got 69 and 84, embarrassed to say how quickly, had just not looked hard enough especially for 69. Am still working on 49, 54, 77 and 97 then l think l am done although not sure of 76, have put a plural of what we do when we drink. Think l am wrong! I think 77 is a tree. 97 is still giving me headaches as is 54. Am watching Entland football at same time, given up on England in rugby of course so good luck Scotland and Wales. Any clues for those above would be so gratefully accepted so that my life can resume again!!
128 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

9th October 2015, 21:26
Hi Winnie. Re 75 don't think I do have the correct answer BUT thanks to Twinsnan (many thanks!) I think I do now!
129 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

9th October 2015, 21:28
hi twinsnan.
49.Clue already given for this. Word for fine linen + something you would cut = the machine you would use to to do the cutting with. ( more than one W in this answer)
54. Anagram 'wolf' and precede this with a word that is used in crosswords denoting an anagram.
76. Is plural
77. Unusual word for whistling , with one letter taken out (small) + short name for male(boy) + two letter word for shout of pain ( more than one W again)
84.Again clue already given for this. Another word for wagon + a four letter word for tax.
91Anagram of W(welsh) + E ( England )
97. OO =Pair of ducks + unusual four letter word for twig
Hope this helps.
130 of 195  -   Report This Post