CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emcee

10th February 2015, 10:44
Hello everyone.

As some of you may realise I've been a member of the AB forum for some years, but have migrated over here due to a rather irritating egotistical robin.

I hope others will do the same so she can be a Friday club member all on her own -- after all, she introduced this rather pointless 'Friday club' idea.

Enough now about the attitude over there on t'other site. I'm glad to see some old names from 'over there' on here.

SPOILER ALERT (Please don't read the following unless you want help with the entry)

As to the method of entry: I haven't used diagonal lines to separate letters -- the method of entry isn't new to the Listener and I don't recall lines being used before. As long as the ordering of the pair of letters is clear this suffices.

41 of 83  -   Report This Post

unclued

10th February 2015, 12:02
emcee - I found the use of diagonal lines made it easier to ensure no mistakes were made in the ordering of the two letters. I'm sure you can also create perfectly good solutions without them.
42 of 83  -   Report This Post

emcee

10th February 2015, 12:05
unclued -- I'm sure you're right. I can't see an entry being marked wrong because of the inclusion of lines. It certainly is going to give John Green a headache when checking all the entries!
43 of 83  -   Report This Post

meursault

10th February 2015, 12:27
Welcome emcee, that is if I'm qualified to welcome you (I only signed up here 2 days ago myself). I used linear sequential arrangements in all unchecked cells except the corners, in which I 'diagonalled' the answers in appropriate sequence.

Ruthrobin uses the AB club as a vehicle for social prestige. Jim has become her puppet. I will not make rebuttals of his accusations other than on the thread where the accusations were made.
44 of 83  -   Report This Post

meursault

10th February 2015, 12:38
Barreter, in the checked cells I'm sure that correctly orientated pairs of letters, with or without separating diagonals, will be good enough. But I don't send my entries in, so it's easy for me to say...
45 of 83  -   Report This Post

jim360

10th February 2015, 12:59
Meursault -- I came here hoping to engage in a reasoned debate. Some hope, it seems. All I get from you is a baseless piece of slander. I am nobody's puppet.

At least do me the courtesy of addressing your comments to me, rather than talking past me.

That's all I have to say on the matter. To all, I'm sorry this thread got distracted and hijacked by a pointless discussion between two opposing reviews. Enjoy the Listener, enjoy discussing the solution if you will, but please, please, keep these personal jibes out of it. They have no place in a Listener thread.
46 of 83  -   Report This Post

emcee

10th February 2015, 14:01
As one of the main offenders, let's just draw a line under all the arguments now and say nothing more.

I've voted with my feet and moved on here; I'm glad Meursault has done the same and I look forward to being the 'newbie' on this site.

47 of 83  -   Report This Post

meursault

10th February 2015, 14:29
I'm happy with that emcee, I don't wish to discuss the matter further on this forum. I tried to sign into AB in order to answer Jim's nasty allegations on 'Listener Threads', however he's had my account stopped. So then I opened another account and made a rebuttal. That rebuttal was deleted and the new account stopped. They're so threatened by the truth. But I can't really be bothered trying to talk to coelacanths anymore, I've got some wet paint to watch...
48 of 83  -   Report This Post

barretter

10th February 2015, 15:54
Like Meursault, I never send my solutions, I just compete with a friend, who introduced me to The Listener . It can get very competitive!
49 of 83  -   Report This Post

jim360

10th February 2015, 16:14
I actually had nothing to do with your account being deleted, nor any of your posts. I have no admin privileges, here or at AB. If your posts are being deleted, then that is at their discretion rather than mine. I never even saw your AB rebuttal.
50 of 83  -   Report This Post