CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

7th February 2015, 15:59
I have a nearly full grid but am not sure how to enter the double letters in each cell. I have used diagonal lines - is that correct?
1 of 83  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th February 2015, 16:34
I have entered them so that it is clear which letter comes first in the pair reading across wise or down wise or round the perimeter.

Diagonal lines looks to be a good idea - do they all go the same way?
2 of 83  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th February 2015, 16:37
ignore my question re the direction of the diagonal lines - I see what you mean now
3 of 83  -   Report This Post

meursault

8th February 2015, 09:51
Has anyone here ever tried to use the Listener thread on answerbank ? Did you find the people on there helpful ?
4 of 83  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

8th February 2015, 10:53
You must be joking, meursault! One look at the kind of self-assumed "superiority" pretended there (and not just the last 2 weeks) is enough to remind me why I left Britain many decades ago (one of the reasons at least, then not entirely clear to me). I don't think those people ever ask themselves whether they have the RIGHT to turn a public and free discussion into an exclusive little club. There is no point in trying to beat (let alone persuade & convert) them, they are not open to anything as democratic as that. I could feel sorry for them, that they NEED to express themselves with such obvious disdain (not all, of course), but I prefer to ignore them completely. The question was rightly asked, what point except self-congratulation & smugness such a thread in that tone can possibly have.Welcome to OUR "club" here, which genuinely helps, if required with hints rather than direct answers. No need to explain what's always gone on over there: most contributors here are well aware of it, and have been for years. Anything more left to say on that subject, anybody???
5 of 83  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

8th February 2015, 12:06
Meursault has had a bit of a hard time from them over the last few days. I'd better not say too much as I use answerbank -not the Listener thread, though.
6 of 83  -   Report This Post

escuan

8th February 2015, 12:25
I do actually use the Listener thread on Answerbank (under a different pseudonym). When I first found it, it was still giving little helpful hints; but in the course of time the thought police gradually gained the ascendency and now anybody who dares to give the slightest of hints is treated as a pariah. I still look at it and am amused at the lengths contributors have to go to avoid giving offence.
That said I am struggling with Augeas, but am not asking for hints yet.

7 of 83  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

8th February 2015, 12:57
The only way to get help on AB for the L. is to give your e-mail address, which understandably no-one really wants to risk. I can only confirm what has been said so far.
8 of 83  -   Report This Post

orientfan

8th February 2015, 13:14
I looked on with increasing incredulity at recent AB threads. I also read the threads which revealed the 'history'. This is a crossword, not a matter of life and death. Grow up!!!

Whether people agree or disagree with the amount of help provided on this site, it is generously given, gratefully received and usually graciously acknowledged. May it stay that way.
9 of 83  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

8th February 2015, 13:36
I see that "that" thread has been removed from AB now! Probably by the thought police who didn't like the way it was going!
10 of 83  -   Report This Post