CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

demeter

11th November 2014, 12:15
Novice

TSUBA
URINAL
TEGG
TITIS
21 of 51  -   Report This Post

novice

11th November 2014, 12:19
Thanks

Any pointers on how to start slotting in

sarab&
Okras

In the same row?

Silver, realist, alarmist coming off them perhaps?
22 of 51  -   Report This Post

demeter

11th November 2014, 12:59
Yes, that's right. Realist and alarmist have some doubling up of letters in cells.
23 of 51  -   Report This Post

escuan

12th November 2014, 11:52
I now have a completed grid and think I know the title of the film, but cannot see for the life of me where the two stars are to be found so as to fill the two blank squares. I imagine that they are included in the form suggested by the last word in the extra letters in the down clues; but I still can't see it. Any help?
24 of 51  -   Report This Post

dryden

12th November 2014, 13:34
Escuan, I suspect you have filled your grid incorrectly. There are several ways of placing some of the double-letter cells, but only the 'correct' way will enable the 'rising stars' to be traced. I couldn't trace them until my third attempt at the grid. The blank cells need just one letter in each.

Symmetry is the key to a correct gridfill.
25 of 51  -   Report This Post

escuan

12th November 2014, 14:26
A nice thought, Dryden, but not only is my grid completely symmetrical but the four groups of 3 diagonals for the double letters in cells are also symmetrical. I wonder if I have the wrong film - S**** T*** - with the stars A*****E and R****S.
26 of 51  -   Report This Post

escuan

12th November 2014, 14:43
Panic over! I've found the names!
27 of 51  -   Report This Post

novice

12th November 2014, 14:53
I'm strugling to get going on the gridfill despite having a lotcold solved- can someone helpme slot first few acrosses and downs in please!
28 of 51  -   Report This Post

escuan

12th November 2014, 19:07
Put the first across where you'd expect but in only 6 cells (read sentence 2 of the preamble to see what to put in the 6th cell). Put the first 4 downs in columns 1, 3, 4 and 6. The second across goes in 5 cells finishing at the end of the row.
Watch for double letters in cells - it helps to remember that as the grid is symmetrical every across in the first half of the acrosses has its counterpart in the second half at the end working backwards. Hope that helps to get you started.
29 of 51  -   Report This Post

rickye

13th November 2014, 12:09
I must be the last person to finish this but despite quite a lot of solving the grid fill is defeating me. Could someone please explain why if ADIEUS fits bottom right like SILVER why there is still a seven letter clue.
30 of 51  -   Report This Post