CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

24th September 2013, 11:08
Good morning friends. Hope the week went well. I've tried to make my clues a wee bit more challenging (famous last words!) and hope you will enjoy the mental workout. PS. I've checked my letter-count more carefully after last week's boo-boo :) J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT + 1) to allow others to have a go.

1. Reprimand after smashing air transporter (5,6)

2. Wicked king’s placed in a lock-up completely surrounded by coppers, say (3,10)

3. Cart contracted to take bird out to Oriental sailors (7)

4. Ask Indian chief to make Indian smoke (4)

5. Permissive serial’s afire with abuse (7-5)
1 of 57  -   Report This Post

chrise

24th September 2013, 11:23
Hi jolan
How are you this week?
I have #5 and some ideas about #1 and #4 - more work needed, though.
2 of 57  -   Report This Post

chrise

24th September 2013, 11:30
I have a good answer for #3 - however it may not be the same as yours!
3 of 57  -   Report This Post

ginge

24th September 2013, 11:30
Hi jolan,
I was anxious for my weekly fix so I was "prowling" the forum awaiting your post. Unusually, i see #1 straight off but will now enjoy puzzling the other 4.
4 of 57  -   Report This Post

chrise

24th September 2013, 11:31
Actually I've just checked the definition and my answer does seem to be correct (my take on the def. wasn't quite right)
5 of 57  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th September 2013, 11:42
Hi Chris (I'm fine, as I trust you are also) and Ginge. Nice to see the 'early birds'. Methinks I should the word 'challenging' or any other comment like that. The solvers on this thread are really expert. I'd find it very difficult to solve five clues "cold turkey" [a perishing fool :)) ].
6 of 57  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th September 2013, 11:43
...methinks I should AVOID words like....

I'm not quite awake yet :)
7 of 57  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

24th September 2013, 12:24
Good afternoon Jolan, I hope you and yours are keeping well today.

I'm sure I have correct solutions for # 1 and 5 - but not convinced yet that my idea for #3 is right yet. I will work on the rest :)
8 of 57  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

24th September 2013, 12:26
After re-reading #3 - I'm now sure I have the correct answer :)
9 of 57  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

24th September 2013, 13:08
Hello, Jolan et al. I only see 4 and 5 right off and have to leave in an hour for most of the day. I'll think about the others while I'm "out there" though. Best.
10 of 57  -   Report This Post