CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

5th March 2013, 00:02
Hi everybody,

Here is the Grid & Clues, I do hope you enjoy it.
As usual, let me know if there are any mistakes and I will try to rectify them.
There has been talk of a hints thread, this will be fine, however, could we leave it a couple of days to give everyone a chance to have a good go at it first.

Again, I thank all who have taken part in setting the clues for this month's edition of The Joint Effort.

You will notice that the footer at the bottom of the pages still has the original Email address, this is for any new people who wish to get involved, you guys however now have the new Email address which will not be advertised on the forum and will be your new way of contacting me from now on.

Thanks, hope you have great fun with this month's offering.

Les40

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Joint%20Effort%20March%202013%20Grid.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Joint%20Effort%20March%202013%20Clues.pdf
1 of 46  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

5th March 2013, 06:57
Thanks Les Looks good as always. Keep up all the good work.
2 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th March 2013, 09:04
Thanks les.
The Grauniad looked silly this morning, so I had a go at this first. About 3/4 done - NE corner mostly missing. Some very fine clues!
I can't find anything sensible to fit 24ac - is it an obscure word?
I'm out for the day now. If any of jolan's regulars read this, could they apologise for my absence for me please?
3 of 46  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

5th March 2013, 09:42
Hi Chris

24a are characters in the main novel in the crossword. They are also synonyms for upper class louts
4 of 46  -   Report This Post

emrach

5th March 2013, 09:42
Hi Les40

Thanks and hopefully I will manage to get them printed off - sent them to someone who will do it for me if he can open them - and look forward to having a go
5 of 46  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th March 2013, 10:36
9 to go, incl. 24a: hints so far I can't u'stand at all -- what novel?
The rest of my unsolved all right middle.
6 of 46  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

5th March 2013, 11:18
CAN WE STOP WITH THE SPOILERS PLEASE?

Some of us haven't even had a chance to print it yet!
7 of 46  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

5th March 2013, 12:00
Apologies but I got confused Bullfrog- I was helping Chris with 24a in today's Guardian- I misread his post!
8 of 46  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

5th March 2013, 13:17
That's all right, dj - sorry to go all upper-case on you!

On another note - Les or emrach: Is the word at the beginning of the clue to 10d really 'Predominately', or should it be 'Predominantly'?
9 of 46  -   Report This Post

les40

5th March 2013, 13:35
That's a good point Bullfrog, I too saw this as a possible spelling mistake, but when checking in Chambers, it gives the spelling as Predominately, so I did let it ride and was enlightned myself with this new word.
What's your thoughts on it?
10 of 46  -   Report This Post