CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

imagcq

8th March 2013, 20:34
Thanks Les, looks like another belter. I do like doing these.So many different mindsets,make for a great puzzle.
41 of 46  -   Report This Post

emrach

8th March 2013, 20:45
Hi Les

Re Hints Maybe after a few days if hints are required someone could start a new thread and make it obvious ie Hints required for JE.

Anyway have a good night and take it easy

42 of 46  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

8th March 2013, 21:39
Bullfrog: My apologies. You're right; it isn't in Chambers. It was one of the last-minute allocations and I had to look up the form to see if it was legit. The wordplay is very straightforward, I think, but I took some liberty with the definition- though I think most of us have experienced this phenomenon. :)
Appreciated YOUR misdirection.
43 of 46  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

8th March 2013, 22:16
No apology necessary, and no criticism intended. I only mentioned Chambers because I was surprised NOT to find it there! No problem with the definition either. When the penny finally dropped I knew EXACTLY what you meant...
44 of 46  -   Report This Post

rosalind

9th March 2013, 19:22
Finally got there, thank you to those who helped me. It must have been a little easier than last time because I abandoned that.
Are we going to have a plaudits thread? As already said, I really like aristo's 29ac, BBM's 50 ac (train as engineer-brilliant and 10 dn when I got it!
I have a story about 1 dn when answers are allowed!
45 of 46  -   Report This Post

les40

10th March 2013, 14:05
Hi Rosalind,

I'll be posting the Solution and Wordplay files soon, I'm just gonna transfer them to Dropbox,
I'll start a new thread with it and make it a Plaudits thread if you like, see ya soon
46 of 46  -   Report This Post