CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redundantelf

6th March 2013, 09:56
Thanks again les for your hard work in collating the JE (and of course your trusty helper ab). I've managed to do better this month in my first sweep, so am confident I'll finish it
21 of 46  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th March 2013, 10:00
It works perfectly peterm...now that I see it!
22 of 46  -   Report This Post

les40

6th March 2013, 10:17
Morning all,
I'm gonna have another look in the Chambers tonight Bullfrog, I kipped at my friend's last night and am back in work now so not been home to double check our (or my) confusion with Emrach's clue. I will hopefully be enlightened when I check it, although I guess everyone understands the clue anyway now.

aristo & ixion

The clue you are talking about of peterm's (11d) is very fair. When I received it, I thought WOW! where does he pull these from, but when I read the explanation of his wordplay, well, what an absolute work of word wizardry. It certainly goes in the top drawer of excellent clue writing. I must say, I would have struggled to come up with the answer from scratch with no letter fills.

OK, back to do some work, see ya later all.
23 of 46  -   Report This Post

ab

6th March 2013, 20:46
Bumping for those who may have missed this.
24 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 09:28
I am still stalled in the NE. I have 8dn and 15ac, but nothing else.

I am wondering if the problem is that I have a wrong answer for 25ac. Trying not to give too much away, I have an actor who was one of Jane's associates. Is that correct?
25 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 09:30
Oh - and I have a "pencilled-in" answer for 10dn as well.
26 of 46  -   Report This Post

emrach

7th March 2013, 09:57
Morning ChrisE I don't have an actor for 25ac but that doesn't mean that I am right !
27 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 09:58
HI emrach
I am, of course, using the term "actor" rather loosely!
28 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 10:00
Aha - an artist and comedian, possibly? I'll try that. (Though the answer I had I thought was quite good and was one of the first I put in!)
29 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 10:05
Oh no - that gives me 10dn, but it means that my great answer to 32ac is wrong!
30 of 46  -   Report This Post