CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

7th March 2013, 10:07
Hi ChrisE To be honest I am not confident about many of my answers but thoroughly enjoying it.

31 of 46  -   Report This Post

emrach

7th March 2013, 10:09
I am, however, completely confident about 10d lol
32 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 10:12
Indeed emrach - it's one of yours!

Thanks to your help I now only have the baffling 24ac left.

I had CHEETA for 25ac and TANNI (as in Grey-Thompson) for 32ac - both reasonable answers, I thought.
33 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 10:19
Finished!

Lots of great clues, but I must make special mention of Bullfrog's 21ac for getting so much misdirection into such a short clue.
34 of 46  -   Report This Post

emrach

7th March 2013, 10:25
Reasonable (and I particularly like Cheeta) but wrong. lol I still have a lot to get 11d is driving me nuts but will, of course, keep trying.

Hope this discussion isn't against the rules!!! We actually haven't given any clues so hopefully haven't upset anyone. Have a good day
35 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 10:29
I think we got away with it. Have a good day yourself.

Excellent golf yesterday, but it's raining today and I don't see any point in getting wet if I don't have to.
36 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th March 2013, 10:30
With 11dn you need to pick the meaning of "bass" which best fits with "organ"
37 of 46  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th March 2013, 12:23
Steady! You nearly had me reaching for the Caps Lock....

Thanks for the kind comment about 21a chrise - maximum misdirection was my goal!
38 of 46  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th March 2013, 12:31
Oh, and I'm all done bar aristo's infuriating 24a. I have to admit that I enjoyed this JE rather more than the last - I found that one hard to connect with.

Just before posting this I took another look at 24a and I have it! It's a word I've come across before, but as far as I can see this exact spelling isn't in Chambers.
39 of 46  -   Report This Post

les40

8th March 2013, 20:22
Hiya all,

I have the Solution page and AB has sent through the wordplay file to me again.
When would you like it posting, maybe tomorrow night or Sunday???
I don't know what's happening with the hints idea yet, maybe Rosalind and the girls would like to suggest and start something off in a new thread, I'm gonna be out again later so it's up to you guys.
I'll log in tomorrow from work if I get time.

Have a good night all.
40 of 46  -   Report This Post