CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

18th January 2013, 01:15
Please emrach do not withdraw; in my opinion (which is worth what it costs ie nothing!)you deserved your win.I had you picked out as soon as I read your clue.
if you're worried, you could ask people to explain their clues in your preamble. Or you can ask them before you choose, though it might be a while before they answer.
It's meant to be fun, surely? I hadn't made up a single clue before I came on here and I'm still not very good at it. But I'm learning, as we all are.
Please set next Tuesday's clue, emrach.
61 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 01:18 are a very worthy winner, in the words of that other great cruciverbalist of the cloth(besides TheA that is)..."the clue's got to lead to the solution" which your clue certainly did

In any case Clueless and Peer Review have never been strictly Ximenean, I seem to remember TheA winning once with a short poem.

So, I can't concur with you this time TheA...would (and several others have expressed the same)welcome a new Thingy though!

62 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 01:20
Hi toots I think our posts might have crosse p,see read mine...s we ore definitely on the same
63 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 08:36
Please set next week's contest , emrach .
I once won with a subtractive anagram which had a letter missing - its only a bit of fun .
64 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 08:37
Hi Emrach;

Your clue was more than worthy to win - glad to see you do so!
65 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 10:08
Good morning all

I am a successful business man who has just recently retired, so have some time on my hands. I came across this site by accident and have enjoyed participating in it's various competitions etc. - until now.

When I posted the winner of this competition and the comments were starting to come in, I could feel that something was amiss by the pithy nature of some of the posts. I knew then that I had obviously upset some of the purists, but I still stand by my decision to have picked emrach's entry.

Sadly, my enjoyment of this forum has now gone and I will no longer be contributing. Thank you to all the kind comments made by other members of the forum who I believe, like me, want a bit of fun and enjoyment.
66 of 82  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

18th January 2013, 10:28
NO NO NO No NO you must NOT leave the forum RE. Indeed i insist that u stay, you are funny, clever and i consider an all round good egg. Please, please do not let this upset / disappoint / anger you. The majority of people here contribute for fun and enjoy some light banter (which can occasionally get out of hand)On a very selfish level i enjoy your company on clue chain ----- STAY WE NEED YOU XXXXXXXXXX
67 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 10:38
I don't even enter Clueless as I am complete rubbish at compiling clues. But PLEASE STAY, redundantelf. PLEASE !!xx It's all a bit of fun and I have appreciated your help, knowledge and wit.
68 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 10:41
PS and I also loved emrach's clue
69 of 82  -   Report This Post

18th January 2013, 11:03
Please don't leave RE. You make a valuable contribution to the forum and it is supposed to be fun afterall.
I don't enter many comps as my clue setting doesn't usually go beyond simple anagrams and I don't feel qualified to judge other peoples' clues.
I did get a vote once on PR and it made my day.
70 of 82  -   Report This Post