CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

25th October 2012, 21:57
Many thanks for your response, angelmcm ! No, unfortunately my friends in the UK do not get the RT. I could offer you my e-mail address of course if you would be willing to send the puzzle on.................
31 of 56  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

25th October 2012, 22:30
Don't know what I was flapping about - only four to do now, top right corner, and I don't understand what I think is the answer to 9ac., but that may be because I am bleeding to death having just tried to administer flea treatment to a very grumpy cat.
32 of 56  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

25th October 2012, 22:31
greedy kite, of course I would, but I am not sure about the wisdom of posting your email address. I think horrid things have happened in the past!!
33 of 56  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th October 2012, 22:35
First things first: have you tried these new anti-flea collars for cats? Expensive but works wonders for months on ours.And no blood...........
As for add., I've done it before & no consequences (touch wood): whole lists appear on this forum if you watch out. As you wish.............
34 of 56  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

25th October 2012, 22:41
I'd be very happy to send the crossword on to you. My friend usually emails it to me on Tuesdays as soon as she gets her copy. Re cat collars - no haven't tried, but I do know that this particular cat simply wouldn't tolerate a collar - she's French and a free spirit. Adorable, except when she sees me advancing with the Frontline combo!
35 of 56  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th October 2012, 22:51
Are you sure -- about your cat, I mean? We had exactly the same problem, and that stuff really doesn't work, at least it didn't on ours! It's up to you, though, of course.And here,carefully hidden,comes that piece of magic 'maurice.puttick@orange.fr'and so that no-one will notice it I'll bury it in a load of codswallop like this, you see? Really worth asking your local vet, though -- or is he 50 miles away?
36 of 56  -   Report This Post

wally

25th October 2012, 22:54
I'm late this week having ill daughter (she's better now) so I got the R.T. two days late.
I got stuck in the top right corner and (if I've got it right) don't see the significance of the "U" in 5dn - help please.
By the way, if you want to send an email ,but not put a public address, why not create a new email address and use it once only?
37 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th October 2012, 22:57
Hi Wally
I read "for all to see" as U for "Universal"
38 of 56  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

25th October 2012, 23:17
greedy kite - have just emailed you (I hope) a copy of this week's crossword, but then again, I may not have - could be our latest telephone bill or a photo of a grandchild!
39 of 56  -   Report This Post

wally

25th October 2012, 23:21
Thanks Chrise! But that does seeem to be a bit obscure.
By the way I rather enjoyed 2dn - but possibly more obscure for any youngsters doing it?
40 of 56  -   Report This Post