CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

eccles45

23rd October 2012, 20:32
I got badly held up by 13d -- but I never watch the cotton-pickin' programme.
21 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd October 2012, 20:36
Ditto, eccles - had to rely on the anagram (very disappointed that this RT didn't actually give the answer!)
22 of 56  -   Report This Post

eccles45

23rd October 2012, 21:09
To be fair, I didn't start it until gone 8 - and that was to distract myself from upsetting events at Old Trafford :-(
23 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd October 2012, 21:54
What? Are they still playing cricket at this time of year?
24 of 56  -   Report This Post

mallard

25th October 2012, 17:58
Hi All. I flew through this one but am a little unsure of my answer for 24 across. Are we talking about a female sleuth with one letter taken away and that will make a tree?
25 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th October 2012, 18:28
Hi malard
I read it as M for maiden with a fruit missing its middle letter, to give a tree.
26 of 56  -   Report This Post

mallard

25th October 2012, 18:51
Thanks chrise, you've confirmed my answer. Different approach same solution. That's if you mean the Canadian national emblem.
27 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th October 2012, 19:01
Indeed!
28 of 56  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th October 2012, 20:53
I realize it's bit late to ask, but "seein' as 'ow" the RT puzzle seems to produce some interesting debate, is there no way someone could post it here or send by mail without breaking the law??!! I live in France so the mag would be useless here and can't be obtained anyway (without a subscription that would be equally useless). Just a thought, as Spectator is now available two ways every Thursday!Unless of course there are too many references to TV & Radio programmes, series, etc..................Any offers?
29 of 56  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

25th October 2012, 21:22
greedy kite, hello. I too live in France. We have a subscription for the RT but it never arrives before Friday and I am too impatient to wait for the crossword, and anyway I like to join in the debate on this forum. I don't know if you would be able to do the same, but a friend in the UK scans the puzzle for me and emails it to me every week. Do you have any buddies who could do that for you? As for this week's puzzle, don't know why but I found it a bit of a struggle at first and still haven't finished, although I have to confess I only started it this evening as it has been a busy week. Will probably be back asking for hints!
30 of 56  -   Report This Post