CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

angelmcm

22nd August 2012, 17:07
magworth, I imagine your son would have been pretty close to us. We live in Chenonceaux (Centre Region) which must be pretty close to the centre of France, perhaps a few km North? It certainly felt like 46c here. All our efforts go into trying to keep the house cool. Hope he had a good time.
51 of 62  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd August 2012, 19:04
Angelmcm. He had a wonderful time. He and my d-in-l are great Francophiles. Jenny is fluent and with a mass of black hair looks French too.They travelled over a lot of the country.
Funny incident - in France fields still have names, and their satnav directed then into a sunflower field! M.
52 of 62  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

22nd August 2012, 23:47
magworth, good to hear, that they had a good time and that they are francophiles, that is. Yup, you have to be careful here where you ask your satnav to take you - we frequently find ourselves 'off piste', but I expect that's often because our 'Jane' doesn't know of a new road! Funnily we once rather unexpectedly ended up at the gates of an old people's home, with no further to go.....what can I say...
53 of 62  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

23rd August 2012, 00:33
magworth, missed the punchline. As we arrived at the gates of the old people's home (end of the road)'Jane's' announcement, with such finality - "You have reached your destination"! Did we laugh? Oh how we laughed!
54 of 62  -   Report This Post

magworth

23rd August 2012, 09:15
Angelmcm. OOh that was a bit macabre! I see you posted it at 00.33. Even allowing for time difference it seeems you are another nightowl?
M.
55 of 62  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

24th August 2012, 00:08
Magworth - oh yes, I am, another Night Owl, always have been and am married to a Lark. Oh poor Lark! This is the time I catch up on all my admin, enjoy the peace and prepare myself for the few hours sleep I seem to need. However, I don't think I am as Nightowlish as our poster night owl - I do get to bed before the larks rise!
56 of 62  -   Report This Post

mr.light

27th August 2012, 22:19
Hi all - any quick way of finding the latest RT thread? - seem to have been crawling thru the undergrowth for ages..... anyway, love to all.
Espech the fabbo jazzgirl.
Still haven't finished (I like to stretch it out) - bottom left looking pretty vacant.
Because of 13d - then my answer for 24ac - aloft, must be wrong? bizarre....
(high up) as an attic (a loft)
To my jazzbabe - just been asked to play with an Elton John tribute band - how weird is that - first gig in Sunderland - mini bus pick-up but am told it's a 5 hour drive - am I too old for this ???? - love to all xx
57 of 62  -   Report This Post

night owl

28th August 2012, 02:27
Mr Light - I thought "aloft" at first and it threw me for a while. On the right lines though - it's "lofty".
58 of 62  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th August 2012, 08:22
Hey Mr Light
Good to see you are still in demand with your music. Never too old! My cuz Colin hit his 78th Birthday in July and is still doing gigs in the Frisco area. His Bass Drum control is the best in the bizz I'm told (but I haven't seen yours yet ;0) Are you still on FB ? I've lost track of your page.
All the best for the gig.
J x
59 of 62  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th August 2012, 09:16
Mr Light - I got it wrong. It wasn't FB. I've just found you on myspace.com. Maybe you will post pics of the Elton John gig ;)
J
x
60 of 62  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 35