CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

21st August 2012, 21:46
hi wally
Think of a "packet" as a pile of money ;)
31 of 62  -   Report This Post

pastille

21st August 2012, 22:07
Just to give a weather report from "Sunny Dundee" the official sunniest city in Scotland .....trench foot and sunburn all in the one day...
32 of 62  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

22nd August 2012, 00:47
... and here in central France we are sweltering. Extreme temperatures the last few days, up to 40c, mean we are living a life indoors, behind shutters, fans whirring. Maybe the heat has addled my little grey cells but I am finding this week's puzzle troublesome, or perhaps it is because I am trying to knit at the same time! I think I shall be back for clues. Extinct animal for example?
33 of 62  -   Report This Post

night owl

22nd August 2012, 03:18
Another hard one. Always more difficult with things I've never heard of - 1D,20A,21D - so grateful for Quicksolve. I got 3D but spent an eternity trying to understand the clue.
Thanks Chrisg for info on RT34 thread.
AngelMCM - it's a huge hairy predecessor of the elephant. The first word describes what a jumper you wear is made of. Bon nuit.
34 of 62  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

22nd August 2012, 05:05
Question for "nightowl": what is Quicksolve? Sounds like an Internet machine, but can't find it!
35 of 62  -   Report This Post

chrisg

22nd August 2012, 06:56
GK - quick solve is a tab on this site !
36 of 62  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

22nd August 2012, 09:27
aha, night owl, thank you for that - why wasn't it obvious to me? - because I had mis-spelled 2 down! With your hint I soon realized. Now just have two to do, and I think I shall have to resort to Quick Solve or the Wizard but it's a bit cooler today so maybe brain will be working better.
37 of 62  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

22nd August 2012, 10:06
Well, I never, chrisg: have ben using it for years & never noticed the title (esp. difficult to recognize as one word,of course;that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it). Thought I was missing out on s'thing! Thank you again.
38 of 62  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

22nd August 2012, 10:09
....and greetings to angelmcm from a bit further south-west: I know your problem! btw The answer you're looking for is also the name of a chain-store here (without the first word), isn't it?
39 of 62  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

22nd August 2012, 11:52
Greetings greedy kite - yes, you are right! Once I had spotted my spelling error it was obvious - felt rather foolish in fact. How do you get your RT crossword? A friend in the UK scans hers and emails it to me as our subscriber copy doesn't arrive until at least Friday, and I just cannot wait that long! We are significantly cooler here today - hurrah. Bon courage.
40 of 62  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 35