CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

21st August 2012, 16:33
2d - as a few of us discussed earlier, the first part of the first word we presume is supposed to be a synonym for tatty - but one which we feel means more useless than tatty
21 of 62  -   Report This Post

magworth

21st August 2012, 18:34
Mrs Trellis. `Nice sunny day at last`...Here it`s `nice cool day at last` It got up to 32c over the weekend - and it didn`t seem cooler at night. very humid too.
I thought you are `Mrs Trellis of North Wales` ??
22 of 62  -   Report This Post

magworth

21st August 2012, 18:37
Oh I am an idiot !! It`s Old Gal who`s in Warwickshire with the nice sunny day. Time I learned to read....... M.
23 of 62  -   Report This Post

chris4food

21st August 2012, 18:38
'evening All, well it took me 2 1/2 hours this time, and I thought I'd never crack it! Well done all those who completed it in record time! Had to resort to quick solve and solution wizard..... had a couple of mishaps, which sent me off on the wrong trail with other clues...
Hope everyone has a lovely Bank Holiday - I'm off to the Peak District with some of my family, for some R&R [for them!] and gentle walking for me!
Best wishes to you all and good health
24 of 62  -   Report This Post

magworth

21st August 2012, 18:39
To make up for my mistake....the first part of the plant is a word meaning `powerful`. M.
25 of 62  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

21st August 2012, 18:41
Good Afternoon, All. I found this much easier than last week's puzzle. Perhaps the compiler is taking pity on us, or could it be my reward from on high for giving Mrs P her breakfast in bed this morning. Not only that, I did not pour her orange juice into her coffee this time.

Hope all are well.

Best wishes.

P
26 of 62  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

21st August 2012, 18:46
magworth - I am indeed mrs t from NW, but am on long-term sabbatical in the SE, so sharing the same weather as you. chris4food, have a nice break, hope the weather holds for you. pipesmoker, congrats on the whole liquid isolation front!
27 of 62  -   Report This Post

wally

21st August 2012, 18:58
I don't know if I'm getting old and doddery but everyone else seems to find things easy which I have trouble with. 7a What is the inspector connection? 3d I have the answer but where does the packet fit in? 6d I obviously do not know my painters, but no-one else seems to have difficulty with this one.
28 of 62  -   Report This Post

chris4food

21st August 2012, 19:18
the inspector is a Scottish one, Wally. It's also another name for a type of puzzle. The books are written by Ian Rankin, if that helps.
The answer in 6d is another word for mad - not the name of a painter - think Royal Academy [initials] and another word for attempt.
3d is a type of landing site - think top of tall buildings.
Hope that hasn't confused the issue too much
Thanks for your good wishes, Mrs T - I'm sure we'll have a good time weather notwithstanding..
Cheers
Chris
29 of 62  -   Report This Post

wally

21st August 2012, 21:08
Thanks Chris4food, I know the answer to 3d but still don't see the connection with "packet"
30 of 62  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 35