CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

31st July 2012, 09:37
Have a good time, les. Olympics?
61 of 75  -   Report This Post

ixion

31st July 2012, 10:57
No problem Syzygy, enjoy your "reunion" Les and thanks for the mention Lionheart I had your 5D and (peterm's 49) ticked as I went along.
62 of 75  -   Report This Post

les40

3rd August 2012, 00:26
Hi all,

Had a great time down in London meeting my friends from USA, a great reunion (not the Olympics Chris, although we did pull into the service station to watch Bradley Wiggins take gold yesterday on our way back) thanks ixion. They have invited us over to Nevada whenever we want, so that's a nice holiday to consider when I'm finished with all my studies next year.
Paul (from this forum) came over to the hotel for a while to meet up for a chat which was quite cool, nice one Paul.

Anyway, I haven't done the 'Explanation of wordplay' file just yet, but will complete it as soon as I can.
However, here is the solution grid from the August Crossword to be going on with.

Thanks for everyone's involvement in the Joint Effort.
Les40.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57742443/August%20Joint%20Effort%202012%20Solution.pdf
63 of 75  -   Report This Post

paul

3rd August 2012, 03:07
You're welcome Les! Only sorry I coudn't stay for longer...
64 of 75  -   Report This Post

les40

3rd August 2012, 03:59
No probs mate, I'm sure there will be another time, anyway, you had to get off and look after a small child.
Off to bed now, see ya later
65 of 75  -   Report This Post

syzygy

3rd August 2012, 04:12
Thanks, Les. It all fits.

Glad you had a grand time. Just be careful on your next visit to the States. Only cats can push their luck. (-;

Small announcement: I'm a grand-uncle (?). Nephew & wife in Oz had a boy this morning.

66 of 75  -   Report This Post

chrise

3rd August 2012, 07:38
Hi les,
Sounds like you had a good time.

I agree with your earlier comment about "GRAY", as I had convinced myself that the other spelling was indicated!

Best wishes.
67 of 75  -   Report This Post

rosalind

3rd August 2012, 09:10
Congrats to your nephew and wife, Syzzie.
I didn't want to be a grandmother for aging purposes, but I just love it. Suspect being a great uncle is much the same.
68 of 75  -   Report This Post

les40

3rd August 2012, 13:04
Cheers Syzzie & Chris

You see what I mean now Chris, how it can be read both ways.
Rosalind,
It's not to bad with the age thing if you are an uncle or auntie, because my mate is the youngest of 9 or 10 kids and his sister had had 2 kids before his mother gave birth to him, so his two nephews are older than him. But I can imagine the stigma (should we call it that about ageism) of being a grandparent soon goes out the window when you actually have a grandchild. And I'm sure you spoil the little 'ne Rosalind (with cakes and other home baked items I should imagine, ha ha)
69 of 75  -   Report This Post

rosalind

3rd August 2012, 15:03
er yes, Les. Not just cakes (Thomas the Tank Engine in 3D!) but also finger puppets (Incy Wicy Spider) and jumpers with cables, ships and one with a tractor. And a rug in the form of fields with a farmhouse, animals and people. Also currently have pupae of Painted Lady butterflies for him to watch unfold.
Of course, when he gets style conscious (any guesses?) then I'll probably only be good for cash.....
Glad you had a good time
70 of 75  -   Report This Post