CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

25th July 2012, 22:10
Chris - I don`t know who`s playing but I think she`s going tomorrow.
I saw The History Boys among others at the Crucible. M.
41 of 56  -   Report This Post

night owl

26th July 2012, 03:53
Well, this week's puzzle seems to have had a lot of people struggling. Myleene Klass has a lot to aanswer for! Pipesmoker - the one who worked with Adrian Chiles is Christine Bleakley but you're right that the correct answer co-presented with Des O'Connor. Before that she was in various adverts for Boddingtons and before that a model. Bet you really wanted to know all that.
Raymond - wordfinder- 3 words, starring Angela Lansbury as an American "Miss Marple".
Watched the ladies footy from my perch. GB won but the gold will go to USA, Brazil or Japan.
42 of 56  -   Report This Post

mondrian

26th July 2012, 16:19
Chris4food. If the match at Hampden (Spain v Japan and still going on as I write) is anything to go by then there will be many more spectators than just yourself and your grandson and a few Spanish waiters on days off. There seemm to be loads of Japanese people here and also from Spain and it is very nice to see.

Now Xword stuff. Stuck big time this week. Cannot get a replacement for Myleene Klass. Also 12 A `crazed tyrant` 20A Burden with second pig. 5D `Small fight outside doorway` And these few are just for starters!! There`s plenty more where they came from!!

Old gal. Are you ok these days? I kind of relie on you to be stuck somewhere along the line along with me!
43 of 56  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th July 2012, 16:30
Hello hope you don't mind me popping in...

As for a replacement for myleene..hope that spelt right

...Think about a comic actor who died recently, starred with Hattiesburg Jaques.

They share a surname...

P@
44 of 56  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th July 2012, 16:35
Sorry... My spell checker seems to have added a sburg...

45 of 56  -   Report This Post

mondrian

26th July 2012, 16:40
Pastille. You are most welcome to butt in anytime especially when you point me in the right direction! By the way you used to contribute quite regularly.
46 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th July 2012, 16:41
Hi Mondrian
Good clue there pastille !
re 12 A the "pen" is a "quill" plus an angram of "tyrant" = a word for "peace"
20A is a pig, pink in colour with a broad black stripe around its middle.
5D Magworth gave a good clue for this one .
You will see them at horseguards or outside Buck.Pal.
Hope these help.
J
47 of 56  -   Report This Post

mondrian

26th July 2012, 16:46
jazzgirl. Thanks. I will go home and scrub out all my mistakes!! By the way is your garden blooming in your heatwave?
48 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th July 2012, 16:49
hi again Mondrian
Most of the large shrubs are OK, but the little ones are shrivelling a bit under the heat. 31c for 2 days! HOpe you have good luck with your wild meadow next time.
J
49 of 56  -   Report This Post

mondrian

26th July 2012, 16:56
~Thanks Jazzgirl. Not much luck with wild flower meadow - its a bit of a jungle or something. But I will try again next year. However the late lamented begonias of a few weeks ago have revived surprisingly. They must like rain!
50 of 56  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » R.T. 31