CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

25th July 2012, 16:25
Lovely day here too in Glasgow Olympic football match starts tomorrow at Hampden - hope the weather stays ok for them Not going! Am looking forward to the opening ceremony on Friday

Crossword very difficult this week and nowhere near finished.. I too put Myleene Klass so I will have to go and correct that and then maybe I will get on better.

chrisg. Thanks for your reply to my last week`s query. I eventually did get the answers though.
31 of 56  -   Report This Post

raymond

25th July 2012, 16:51
Thanks'Pipes'..I was completely up the spout with 4d and 8a..! Despite the fact that Mags gave me such a good 'hint'..! 'Garden' made me think of a WEED..which meant I didn't get the aitch in SHREW.!So easy when I got my brain into gear.! (Hewer..Nick i.e.I was on the right track but kept thinking of 'Devey'..!) Hope your weather has improved 'up there'...it's still so hot here in t'Midlands. Hope it keeps dry for the opening ceremony on Friday. Anyone got a ticket..?! (Sadly !) I remember the 1948 Games, great atmosphere and no 'security'..how the world has changed.! Sigh..!
32 of 56  -   Report This Post

raymond

25th July 2012, 16:58
P.S.
Does anyone attempt the 'Wordfinder'..? I know I'm a sad case but I usually 'crack' it with a bit of gumption..! No luck this week though...it must be the heat...phew..! Best wishes, R x
33 of 56  -   Report This Post

magworth

25th July 2012, 17:22
Raymond - sorry my hint misled you! Jazzgirl`s was better. I remember the 1948 games, but without TV it was very remote from us, in Cardiff. I don`t think I`d have been interested then. My daughter has tickets for the football in Manchester and later for the Paralympics.
Very hot here. Mags.
34 of 56  -   Report This Post

chris4food

25th July 2012, 18:09
Hello Everyone - it's a dull day here in sunny Sheff!!!
Late this week 'cos I didn't get the RT until late afternoon - we had a VERY late Sunday lunch on Tuesday.....
I'm looking forward to the Olympics - got our own home-grown talent in Jessica Ennis, so I'll be rooting for her, and taking oldest grandson to watch the Spain v Morocco match at Old Trafford - rather suspect it'll be him and me and a few Spanish waiters on their lunch breaks!!! Still looking forward to it, tho'
This week's puzzle stumped me for a while and still not got 19d - any help, anyone???? Please nicely??
Hope you're all keeping fit and well
Chris
35 of 56  -   Report This Post

chris4food

25th July 2012, 18:17
Woops, forgot, also stuck on 16a but suspect I've got 5d wrong, anyway, letters I have for 16a are -R-S-U-
Again, any additional clues more than welcome!
Cheers
36 of 56  -   Report This Post

magworth

25th July 2012, 18:46
Hi Chris4food. 5d - what the guards stand in, trying not to react to photographers!
16a - a sort of shiver .
My daughter and her partner will be at Old Trafford -the same one I was visiting when I saw those plays in Sheffield i mentioned earlier (to the wrong Chris!) M.
37 of 56  -   Report This Post

cantersue

25th July 2012, 19:17
Hi Chris4food. 19 d is a mollusc, I think found in the Channel Islands. Name made from a word meaning one-time or previous with first letter moved (top off),
16a is a word for a thrill made from a short form of a day of the week - 's - plus a relative.
Think U is wrong in the letters you have.
T
38 of 56  -   Report This Post

bongocat

25th July 2012, 19:27
19 down was really tricky. It's ORMER. It was driving me crazy!
39 of 56  -   Report This Post

chris4food

25th July 2012, 20:41
many thanks to Cantersue, Mags, and Bongocat - I'd never have got 19d and for 5d I'd got hut instead of box.... D'oh....
Hey, Mags, is your daughter going to the Spain v Morocco match????
Yes, we're v lucky in Sheff to have so many theatres - and good productions, too - have seats booked for Macbeth and the ballet, Madame Butterfly,in
Thanks, again for the help
Chris [f not m]
40 of 56  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » R.T. 31