CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cantersue

24th July 2012, 16:23
Hi everyone. All done, but had to resort to quick solve for 19d.
For those still working on 18a the answer is a fairground ride which starts with another word for tiddle or tipsy.
21 of 56  -   Report This Post

raymond

24th July 2012, 16:35
Clever Chris...THINK I've 'Got it'..(BY Gearge..etc..!) but PLEASE explain 4d and the 'building' connection.!

PHEW...It's HOT..! x
22 of 56  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th July 2012, 16:44
hi Raymond
It's too hot to think and tomorrow it is due to hit 31c here.
4d a building (in the garden)
The word also means "got rid of" (e.g. a snake and it's skin ?) ;)
23 of 56  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

24th July 2012, 17:13
Good afternoon, All.

Yes, yesterday was dreadful, Raymond, but not so bad today. I collected my granddaughter, and it never stopped raining from Millport to Glasgow, and then continued from Glasgow to Millport. It is good to have windscreen wipers (not all my previous cars could boast ones which worked).

Crossword looked a bit iffy this week, but a couple of hours concentration yielded results.

Hope all are well.

P
24 of 56  -   Report This Post

night owl

25th July 2012, 04:58
Greetings all! Quite difficult this week I thought - quite a few "doh" moments. Top left corner had me struggling most and yes Magworth, 6A is slang and it's not in my dictionary. It is in some, apparently, although I feel it shouldn't be. 15A was the last one for me. Good clue had I been familiar with the "priestly work".
So! Are we all looking forward to the Olympics? Thought not!
25 of 56  -   Report This Post

magworth

25th July 2012, 08:59
I wouldn`t have had many problems if I hadn`t stymied myself. I was so convinced that 7d was Myleene Klass. It fitted the spaces and the letters, apart from a missing `i`. I`ve got the right answer now, but who is she?
Raymond - have you got 8ac now? It`s a little animal with a pointed nose. Mags.
26 of 56  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

25th July 2012, 10:07
Hi, Magworth. I made the same mistake, but when I found I had a space left over, I stuck an extra e on to the end of Klass. Needless to say, it was another of my own inventions.

I think the person who turned out to be the correct answer is the other half of a duo with Adran Childs, and perhaps in a previous incarnation, she worked with Des O'Connor. Could be wrong, though. It would not be for the first time.

Have a good day. The sun is shining in Millport.

P
27 of 56  -   Report This Post

devonian

25th July 2012, 10:51
Hullo all - the name Myleene Kasse seems to have fooled several of us - even if the anagram didn't fit. Only got one to go & would appreciate suggestiond for 15a -h-i-e-, 'Do priestly work on long contract'- can find plenty of words but can't seem to agree with the clue! Beautiful day down here & thankfully not as hot or humid as in the SE
28 of 56  -   Report This Post

chrisg

25th July 2012, 11:01
Hi devonian - the first part of the answer is a word for what a priest does when he/she is hearing a confession - and second part is a single letter for Long - the answer is another word for contract (what a plant may do if you dont water it!)
29 of 56  -   Report This Post

devonian

25th July 2012, 12:16
Thanks Chrisg - never heard the term for the priest's confessional - so learning something new every day keeps the brain active - D
30 of 56  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » R.T. 31