CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

26th July 2012, 19:28
i do remember your posts back then.
3rd time lucky!
i'm sure it'll all go swimmingly and then, like me, you'll be able to spend ages not watching the Olympics.
71 of 85  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th July 2012, 19:31
Rosalind
I did not realise you still needed more surgery, but hopefully this will be the last op.
72 of 85  -   Report This Post

rosalind

26th July 2012, 19:39
Yes, I plan to apply myself most vigorously to not watching the Olympics!
73 of 85  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th July 2012, 20:10
...not watching the Olympics should be an Olympic sport.
i heard on the radio today that, delivery van driving was included in the 1900 Paris Olympics, i don't care how wrong i might be, that is now a fact to me. (oh, and poetry and knitting - Tricoteuse ?).
74 of 85  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th July 2012, 21:16
I'm planning to "notwatch" the Olympics too - I'm away for the only event I might have watched (the men's cycle road race). I wonder what proportion of regular contributors are also "notwatching"?
75 of 85  -   Report This Post

phillip

26th July 2012, 21:29
I'm pretty sure that in the 1900 games clay pigeon shooting didn't bother with the clay bit. that's right, live pigeons. wonder how that would go down today. they weren't always just released from traps either. for one "discipline" there was an official pigeon thrower.

hope AJT1 and rosalind perk up soon.
76 of 85  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th July 2012, 21:33
Apparently at one recent Olympics the doves were released and perched on the side of the flame-bowl (or whatever it is called) and were incinerated when the flame was lit. The plan now is to release the doves after the lighting of the flame.
77 of 85  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th July 2012, 21:38
Is the treatment of pigeons any worse than that of, say, gymnasts in those countries where they're taken from home at the age of three and taught to flip around all over the place? I think there should be a branch of psychiatry devoted to the relationships between gymnasts and their coaches- very creepy to observe.
78 of 85  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th July 2012, 22:11
Aristo - shrink v stretch?
in all fairness tho, people weren't allowed to take potshots at gymnasts, were they?
i'd rather see that than watch men in lycra.
79 of 85  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th July 2012, 22:23
I think they shoot them if they only win bronze, and anyone who wears lycra should be shot.
80 of 85  -   Report This Post