CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

macmillanquizzer

12th June 2012, 12:20
...Greedy Kite has just sent me his final correction, so well done to him for an honourable second place.
91 of 189  -   Report This Post

pastille

12th June 2012, 12:33
Dare I risk it...

...Hell Yes...WOOWOO!

Well done Mrs T...

P@. X
92 of 189  -   Report This Post

12th June 2012, 13:33
Well thank you all for your kind words, and well done to greedy kite - sorry to pip you at the post. Thanks again Richard for a great quiz, hope you smash your target. Is the Autumn one ready yet? Lol.
93 of 189  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

12th June 2012, 15:13
Funny you should ask about the next one!

As I'm on holiday I've just sat down today and written 30 clues for a new food quiz....
94 of 189  -   Report This Post

mamya

12th June 2012, 15:27
Congratulations MrsTxxx
95 of 189  -   Report This Post

archstanton

12th June 2012, 17:15
I may have misunderstood some of the comments earlier in this thread but the impression given is that people are able to submit their answers to this quiz, have them marked, be informed of any errors and then submit amended answers all before the deadline. Is that correct?

If so then that stinks. Surely the only reasonable way for a quiz setter to proceed is to refrain from making any comments about answers submitted until after the deadline has passed.

In addition it is surely counterproductive for any quiz setter to announce, before the deadline, that he/she has received a set of all correct answers. Any potential purchaser of the quiz who reads that information will know that to win the quiz they will need to get all the answers correct and then be lucky enough to be drawn out of a hat. So it will surely put some people off buying the quiz, ie the people whose main interest is in trying to win the prize. And there must be a lot of such people around - just witness the vast number of requests for answers to quiz questions on this forum and Answer Bank from people who give every impression of never wanting to submit any blank answers to any quiz.
96 of 189  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

12th June 2012, 19:44
Hi Arch Stanton, the race for first correct entry is just a bit of fun and has no bearing on the eventual winners. I think from past quizzes it has become apparent that there will be all-correct entries, and in fact the competition rules state that the winners will be drawn from the correct entries. The rules are the same for everyone, and the quiz-setter has chosen to operate in this way, which I think keeps the whole thing from getting too serious. And ultimately the purpose is to raise funds for Macmillan, which it is clearly doing extremely successfully. I hope you don't get put off joining in, and can enjoy the quiz and the banter on the site. All the best, mrs t.
97 of 189  -   Report This Post

archstanton

12th June 2012, 20:50
But is the point correct regarding submitting answers, being told which ones are wrong and then being able to re-submit them? And if so is that clear to all entrants, ie does it say as much on the quiz sheet?
98 of 189  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

12th June 2012, 20:56
I'd just like to support Mrs T. in her views on the way this quiz has been run until now -- and not just this time round. While I understand AS's criticism of our apparent impatience,surely no-one ever sends in an incomplete list of answers to a quiz any more than an incomplete crossword.And the argument regarding how to attract the maximum number of participants is best decided, I feel, by the Quizmaster himself. If the proof of the pudding is in the eating, the fact is, this competition raises more & more money for a very good cause.That, plus the fun had by everyone,are surely the most important factors. Psychologically, the "honour" and financial motives may help our motivation, but surely in the end we all know better than to over-estimate them.So just join in: from this one you would probably learn a lot, too!
99 of 189  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

12th June 2012, 21:00
AS: our last twopostings crossed. No, it's not written into the rule sheet, so to speak, but I suppose most "veterans" know that from experience and are certainly not disturbed by it...or are they? It will be interesting to hear other people's opinions!
100 of 189  -   Report This Post