CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

8th June 2012, 19:20
Angelmcm. Are you in Paris? I know the French Open`s had delays.I`ve had an e-mail from Florida - the weather`s dreadful there, too! M.
41 of 50  -   Report This Post

night owl

9th June 2012, 02:47
Hello everyone! Oh - there's a bit of an echo. And there's some tumbleweed rolling by.
Aw shucks! I hate it when delivery is late. I feel so alone...
Never mind, I'll talk to myself. Yes it was quite hard this week. I have heard of the whale one but 7 across - how obscure can you get? Did anyone actually get this without resorting to Quick Solve? I didn't.
42 of 50  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th June 2012, 07:53
night owl
Sorry to see you talking to yourself in the middle of the night. Just between you and me (whisper) I admit to using the online Thesaurus for 7a. Isn't it just the least-sounding word for tasty ?
43 of 50  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

9th June 2012, 13:24
Thank you all for your very kind wishes. This time, all went well, and no hitches of me managing to dislodge the cannula, and having to start all over again. My veins were unusually obliging, and did not collapse as soon as the needle was stuck in.

Anyway, home now, and the RT crossword was a nice gentle way to settle into familiar territory.

Andy ftW, I am planning a grand safari to fairest Lanarkshire later in the summer. I will stop to breathe in the newly found fresh air of Motherwell.

Best wishes for now.

P
44 of 50  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th June 2012, 13:28
Good to see you back safe and sound pipesmoker. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
I am off to mow a lawn....
J
45 of 50  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th June 2012, 15:04
wey-hey,
welcome back Pipesmoker, i hope Mrs P smothers you with tlc.
perhaps we should start a sweepstake to see how long you can keep it going. :)
46 of 50  -   Report This Post

andy from the 'well watp

9th June 2012, 15:51
Good to hear that you are getting back to form. Bear in mind that when you do decide to visit fairest (aye that will be right) Lanarkshire you will need to show your passport at the border controls. One where the M77 becomes the M74 and the other is just after the Whirlies in EK.
47 of 50  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

9th June 2012, 22:23
Magworth, no, not in Paris - but an hour away from Paris on the TGV, in the Loire Valley, in the village of Chenonceaux - a short walk away from the most beautiful chateau in France. Weather still rubbish, and we are, I realized tonight, just two weeks away from Mid-summer, or should that be Midsomer! As for 7ac. I certainly had to resort to Quick Solve. Never heard of it, and I don't think it's a word I shall be using in conversation... doesn't sound quite right...
48 of 50  -   Report This Post

night owl

10th June 2012, 02:10
Oh, Angelmcm, I am going to use the word endlessly! Now that I know it, it would be a shame not to use it after all the effort of finding it. I had fish for dinner and it was very ..... oh I had better not use it in case anyone hasn't finished. Nice to hear you sailed thru it Pipesmoker, take it easy now. I am taking it easy listening to Brahms on radio 3 as I write this - I just love music.
49 of 50  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th June 2012, 11:51
Thanks again to you all for my welcome home.

Yes, Night Owl, I am into music too, as I may have mentioned a couple of hundred times on this forum. This morning, a retired Scottish Lawyer, Len Murray, chose Ideale sung by Jussi Bjoerling as one of his records. Lovely. Bjoerling is obviously best known for the difinitive Pearl Fishers' Duet, but he has produced very many more fine tracks. Next to Gigli, he is my favourite tenor. Of the current crop, I think Juan Diego Florez takes some beating.

Best wishes for now. I am off to be holy.

P
50 of 50  -   Report This Post