CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

6th June 2012, 11:35
Just picked up the RT and about to see how far I get.
old gal, I find if I stare too long at a few unsolved clues, it does no good. It's best to throw the crossword aside for an hour, or a day, or more and when you re-visit, you have that "Duh!" moment and it all becomes clear. Remember, it's not a race so take time to smell the roses . Btw, I still had 3 unsolved clues from the Jumbo on Tuesday (3 days after starting it) Then, at breakfast I kicked myself for not seeing them earlier. Have a good day. How's the training going?
Till later...........J
11 of 50  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th June 2012, 12:15
Morning everyone. Still not bought the RT yet so cannot comment on Xword. Old gal sorry to hear you say you are struggling a bit. Hope that is not from too much training for that marathon.

I too enjoyed the Jubilee celebrations - they were fantastic on TV. Back to normal now!!
12 of 50  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th June 2012, 12:20
I meant to say did everyone manage to see Rosalind`s Diamond Jubilee Cake? It is now on page 4 and is well worth checking out.
13 of 50  -   Report This Post

radarman

6th June 2012, 19:04
Best wishes to Pipesmoker.
Have finished the crossword, but cannot rationalise the answer to 11a (word for briskness) with the rest of the clue.
14 of 50  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th June 2012, 19:12
hi radarman
short review is crit (abbreviation)
the song is "a lay"
Hope this helps
J
15 of 50  -   Report This Post

trevor

6th June 2012, 19:21
here's a link to Rosalind's cake that Mondrian mentioned,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18569289/ROSALI1.jpg

If you want to read the original thread, it's here,
http://tinyurl.com/cojohom
16 of 50  -   Report This Post

radarman

6th June 2012, 19:26
Thanks Jazzgirl. All makes sense now.
17 of 50  -   Report This Post

old gal

6th June 2012, 22:14
Jazzgirl - immediately after my post I looked again and several answers came to me.....have been feeling a bit redfaced after my winge. Hello Trevor, nice to see you are still with us and thanks for the picture of the amazing cake!!!!!
18 of 50  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th June 2012, 16:05
Best wishes to Pipesmoker.
Just one answer to get - 7ac. ?A?I?. Is it the bad-tempered hotelier ? That would be `tasty` but I don`t know how the rest of the clue fits.
Mags.
19 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrisg

7th June 2012, 16:11
Hi Magworth - No its not Basil -
When = said - outside of softly spoken (P)
Sapid - tasty. Sorry couldnt think of just a hint !
20 of 50  -   Report This Post