CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

old gal

26th April 2012, 17:03
Oh dear - Chris. The iPad automatically added the t to your name...
31 of 42  -   Report This Post

magworth

26th April 2012, 17:17
Hi Old Gal. It`s Bo Derek ! 21 ac - a goddess whose name means a brave man, plus the first letters of `is cowardly`.
I don`t think you should release your name. I wonder if you are old as a gal as I am ?? No - I am not asking you to tell me ! Best wishes, Mag.
32 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

26th April 2012, 17:32
Well,Mags, I have a nought birthday coming up and am moving out of the swinging sixties!!!! Chris,if you want you can donate to cancer research online, which is the charity I am running - well, walking - oh, let's face it - strolling - for!!!
33 of 42  -   Report This Post

bees

26th April 2012, 18:08
I don't know where Dunlop make tyres these days. Fort Dunlop has been converted to a prestige office & shop development.It has an illuminated sign on the top which I can see in the distance in winter (when there are no leaves in the way).
34 of 42  -   Report This Post

magworth

26th April 2012, 20:05
Old Gal you`re only just out of being middle-aged gal ! Mag.
35 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

26th April 2012, 20:44
Bees - wasn't there an HP Sauce factory somewhere in Aston? Is that still there?
36 of 42  -   Report This Post

magworth

27th April 2012, 06:45
Old Gal. I`ve passed your forthcoming `nought` and the one after that ! Guess I should be called VERY Old gal !! M.
37 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

27th April 2012, 12:13
Or even ancient gal, Mags! Tee hee
38 of 42  -   Report This Post

bees

27th April 2012, 21:00
Hi Old Gal,
The owners (Heinz I think) closed the HP Sauce factory and moved production abroad (Netherlands?). So HP Sauce is now a fake foreign impostor. Don't buy it! Ansells Brewery next door to it was demolished and I think there's a Mercedes dealer on the site now. As no-one was using the artesian well, cellars started flooding. But people who were made redundant from Ansells set up Aston Manor Brewery just down the road.
39 of 42  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

28th April 2012, 09:45
Hi, old gal. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I hope you will have a lovely birthday. Do you remember when 70 was old? It is not so anymore. Over the years, my definition of girl has broadened, to anyone of the fairer sex whose age is still in double figures.

Best wishes.

P
40 of 42  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 18