CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

24th April 2012, 14:11
Thank you Jazz girl and chrisg. I always seem to make things more complicated than they need be as I was busy searching in the Greek god department. It is a long time since I have seen Dr. Who but I should eventually get it.
11 of 42  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

24th April 2012, 15:55
Hello all, started really well this afternoon but stuck on a couple. However always do the trackword first to get my brain in gear and just cannot find the nine letter word, anyone else found it ? First day for ages without rain. Best wishes GG
12 of 42  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th April 2012, 15:59
hi gypsygirl
I'm not sure but it could be intermost
13 of 42  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

24th April 2012, 16:02
never heard of that but sounds good, thanks jazzgirl.
14 of 42  -   Report This Post

magworth

24th April 2012, 16:04
I also think `intermost` tho` it`s not a word I`ve ever heard used !
I do the Enigma to get my brain in gear, but it was almost too easy today - I`d prefer a bit of a challenge. M
15 of 42  -   Report This Post

night owl

25th April 2012, 03:42
Hi Folks. I completed it all on my own this week but I would NEVER call it easy.
I know what you mean MONDRIAN about "The Bridge" being noir. Is there a world shortage of lightbulbs? You know the director is being too arty when characters are reading in the dark! Having said that, I'll stick with it as the presumably autistic Saga Noren is quite amusing in the way she confuses people with her unusual behaviour and lack of empathy!
16 of 42  -   Report This Post

rosalind

25th April 2012, 09:31
Hi all
This seems s very civilized thread and I'm intrigued enough to consider buying the RT. I hardly ever watch TV or listen to the radio, though! My question is, are the clues usually related to characters/soaps/series on TV or radio? 'Cos if so I may as well forget it.
Rosa
17 of 42  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th April 2012, 09:34
hi Rosalind
Most of the clues are not related to TV. You might get just two e.g. in RT18 we had a Dr Who actor and one TV sitcom. The rest are similar to the Times Jumbo, but I would say easier.
Give it a go !
J
18 of 42  -   Report This Post

devonian

25th April 2012, 12:07
Back to the crossword ? 13d ---u-e-t- "Pip's whereabouts? Point to Goddard". anything to do with Liza ? - clues please
19 of 42  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th April 2012, 12:23
hi devonian
The 'pips' are given on promotion and are found on this part of the soldier's uniform for example.
Goddard is an old Film Star' surname (first name P )
J
20 of 42  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 18