CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

25th April 2012, 13:26
Hi Everyone, I started this one v late last night - packed it in after half an hour, after getting only two of the clues. Got all but two done by 7.30 this morning - mind you, I did start at 5.30!!!
13d was the one that stumped me. Wow, Jazzgirl, the actress you mentioned is v v old!! I can remember her!!!!! I'd got the answer, but couldn't see how.... my usual problem of over-complicating things...
Hi Navigator, glad to see you back and hope your hospital stay wasn't for anything too serious. I see you live in Harrogate - same county as me, but infinitely prettier! The 23a answer was a doddle for me, having learned touch typing as a young lass, so was well familiar with the term.. I agree with you on 21a - again, got the answer, but didn't see why.
OldGal, can you give me the website for your sponsorship for the Run for Life, please??
Hi Mondrian, I thought this week's was harder than last - our minds must run on different tracks....
Rosalind, hope you stick with the RT - I've found that most problems referred to in the clues are quite often contained in the RT listings somewhere - just requires patience...
Best wishes to you all
Chris
21 of 42  -   Report This Post

rosalind

25th April 2012, 16:42
Thanks Jazzgirl and chris4food, I'll buy it next Tuesday
R
22 of 42  -   Report This Post

devonian

25th April 2012, 16:46
Thanks Jazzgirl - all is now clear and finished
23 of 42  -   Report This Post

chris4food

25th April 2012, 16:51
Woops, Rosalind, I should have said programmes, not problems - or maybe not!
See you next week, hopefully
Chris
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th April 2012, 18:27
Rosalind
I forgot to say it is not Jumbo-sized, as there are usually about 24 clues. Just hope it is more of a challenge next week.
J
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

bees

25th April 2012, 19:51
It's the first time in three weeks that I've been able to finish on the Tuesday!
Chris, if Yorkshire isn't pretty enough, you could always move back to the beaufiful rural idyll of Brum. You'll need a boat at the moment though.
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

chris4food

25th April 2012, 21:07
Hi Bees, Have very fond memories of our short sojourn in Walmley, Sutton Coldfield - lovely, friendly people - I worked at Fort Dunlop then... not making tyres, though!
Cheers
Chris
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

26th April 2012, 09:57
Good Morning, All.

Thank you for your good wishes, Navigator. Sorry to hear that you had a spell in hospital. I have just returned from my six weekly stay, and glad to be home. Glad too to hear that you have returned to the bosom of your family.

Another week of nothing too difficult with the crossword, although I did go down the lines of thinking it might be Lisa Goddard, until the penny finally dropped.

Anyway, on with the day. I have a choice of windows from which to watch the world go by. I am really quite good at doing not a lot.

Best wishes for now.

P
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

26th April 2012, 10:04
HI, Gillian.

My granddaughter has Asperger's Syndrom. She is greatly helped by the school she attends in Glasgow. It is Hillpark Secondary, and it has a dedicated Autism Unit. Her primary schooling was difficult because her teachers were not geared up to dealing with children who say it as it is, and don't particularly bother about finding tactful ways to put their message across. She has come on in leaps and bounds since arriving at Hillpark. I hope your child has similar support.

Best wishes.

P
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

26th April 2012, 17:01
Lots of greetings - to Pipesmoker and Navigator who are now back at home from hospital! Hope you are both feeling better.
Mondrian - haven't watched the Bridge yet but have heard similar comments re lack do lighting. Will have all mt wall lights and lamps turned on plus a couple of candles which may help to shed a little light on situation.
Chris4food - hello fellow touch typist! I struggle with this tiny iPad screen with my sausage sized fingers. Am touched you ask for charity website - its called Just Giving. I have a page but hesitate to give details which will reveal my name. Someone did this a while ago and let himself in for some harassment. What do others think? Also, Christ - I did a short spell in the Fort Dunlop offices and will never forget the smell!!! As this is a xworders site feel obligated to ask for help with 21a abd 17d - Derek who?
30 of 42  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 18