CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

11th April 2012, 08:50
I meant only myself, of course!
51 of 63  -   Report This Post

tonyw

11th April 2012, 09:02
Syzygy,It looks good but still cannot make head nor tail of it.Thanks for trying.

Rosalind,the post from Birdman that suggested he might be a geocacher from Cornwall uses a name" Birdman of Liskatraz "as a name on the geocaching website .
So, no, I am not getting any closer.
52 of 63  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th April 2012, 13:08
We New Englanders are known for our cryptic directions. "Take a left where the giant sycamore used to be, then a right where the poorhouse was, then another right at the house where they used to have all those hollyhocks..." That's how we increased our population till recent times; visitors couldn't find their way out. The GPS is ruining our economy.
53 of 63  -   Report This Post

vodor

11th April 2012, 19:59
Well Well Well.....Looks like im not the only Cornish Cacher stuck on this cache!
54 of 63  -   Report This Post

pastille

11th April 2012, 20:25
Tony...I woke up the other night about 3 in the morning, elated by the knowledge that I, yes I, had solved your puzzle...

...then realised 'twas just a dream...Bu**er!
55 of 63  -   Report This Post

emrach

11th April 2012, 20:42
I know I don't know any of you guys but my family, dog, cat and sanity are all leaving me because of this darn code. Is there any way of finding out if there is any letter connection? I am bad enough at the cryptic clues but this has really got to me as I always claimed to be good at numbers - pride before a fall and all that
56 of 63  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th April 2012, 20:57
Perhaps it IS in Navajo- or Polish, or Spanish, or some English dialect. Why do we tend to assume that numeric cryptic messages correspond to normal English spelling and sentence structure? The question is: Just how nasty is the code-setter? It could read from left to right, letters could share a number (as on a phone), which might actually be easier to crack since you might not have to deal with two-digit numbers. Nonetheless, the chances are pretty good that it's standard English with some kind of "alternate" assignment.
57 of 63  -   Report This Post

tonyw

11th April 2012, 22:02
Just to let you know.I have seen another of this setter's clues today ,that has been solved before,but took an experienced geocacher over 6 months to solve using computer programs so just give up because this is supposed to be harder!!!
58 of 63  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th April 2012, 22:47
can you give us the clue and answer?
59 of 63  -   Report This Post

kernowcacher

11th April 2012, 23:03
Looks like there are going to be more geocachers joining in the party! I've been reading with interest for days..... :o)
60 of 63  -   Report This Post